Jan 1st 2015 P90X/Survivor No Spend Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jan 1st 2015 P90X/Survivor No Spend Challenge

No spend (clothing) challenge for the new year for 90 days and for those that make it past 90 days, see who can keep it going the longest.

Starting on January 1st, 2015 and ending Mar 31st. You can reward yourself on April's Fool's Day or keep it going to see who will take the title of "Survivor".

I failed the last challenge and with the way I spent this holiday season, I need to be on this. Who's with me?

I'm in but someone needs to keep bumping up this thread. I made commitment last time then I forgot LOL!

Comment

This has been my goal for the new year. Honestly didn't buy anything in October or September really but with the Christmas deals popping up it was hard not to!

I'm in! Saving up for alden 403's and some iron heart denim next fall.

Comment

I'm in on one condition.

Currently I'm on the hunt for a new job. If I get one that requires business professional attire, I'll have to buy a few more dress shirts.

Comment

I'm in. I spent a bunch during the holidays too. I told my wife we weren't spending anymore after December so this works out perfect for me.

Hopefully it stays in the main forum though. They moved the last thread in to the 'other' forum which I hardly ever check.

Comment

Yeah can't tell you the last time I checked the other forum. Hope it stays here.

I look at it this way. This is a great opportunity to enjoy and really wear items we already own all while saving money.

So wear that suit you don't get enough chances to wear or that cashmere sweater or on the other side wear your raw denim to the max and those high quality boots so you can develop patina and fades.

Comment

I'm in.

Comment

I'm in. It'll be tough, but I have to stop nickel and diming myself to death. Need to start saving for heirloom pieces. I've spent all I've needed in the last 3 months, and now I don't see myself needing anything for the near future.

Comment

I'll give it a go.

Comment

I'm in. I've bought the most clothes in the past 3 months than I have in the past 3 years! Definitely need to be in...

Comment

Egads! But what about my giftcards that I accrue during this festive season?

Comment

Originally posted by DapperTexan View Post
                        Oh yeah, didn't even think about that one. Good luck you to!

Anybody else like me hoping for a crazy after Christmas sale so we can get one last fix before the new year?

Comment

[MENTION=12707]DapperTexan[/MENTION]

Originally posted by DapperTexan View Post
                          Spend them fast!

Comment

Originally posted by akosmowski View Post
                            [MENTION=12707]DapperTexan[/MENTION]

Spend them fast!
                            I would hold on to them til after the challenge. There should be better deals on winter stuff in the spring. It'll also give you a chance to really think about what you need and how to spend the cards.

Comment

As long as you're not spending cash you should be fine. I returned a pair of Aldens to Leffot and since they don't do refunds, I have store credit there waiting to be spent. As soon as I see an Alden makeup I want, I'm using up that credit.

Comment

Working...
                              X