Jan 1st 2015 P90X/Survivor No Spend Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stories of Glorious Triumph

I was in JCPenney today. Tried on a navy sharkskin Claiborne, on sale for $80 as complete suit separates...from this dappered article in July: http://dappered.com/2014/07/the-top-...le-navy-suits/

They had my size in both pieces, and the jacket would have required only waist suppression and sleeve adjustment (a minor miracle for me). The pants were perfect minus a hem.

I walked away.

Then walked right across the road to a new Nordstrom Rack. Out of there empty handed as well.

I know I'm gonna do the Kramer "I'm out" gif before very long, but it wasn't today.

Comment

Originally posted by ronrob View Post
      I was in JCPenney today. Tried on a navy sharkskin Claiborne, on sale for $80 as complete suit separates...from this dappered article in July: http://dappered.com/2014/07/the-top-...le-navy-suits/

They had my size in both pieces, and the jacket would have required only waist suppression and sleeve adjustment (a minor miracle for me). The pants were perfect minus a hem.

I walked away.

Then walked right across the road to a new Nordstrom Rack. Out of there empty handed as well.

I know I'm gonna do the Kramer "I'm out" gif before very long, but it wasn't today.
      http://img.pandawhale.com/106048-Wis...Remak-gmul.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
        That's shocking with all the deals that could have been had.

My last purchase was after Christmas and it was the Jcrew union suit(onesie). $23 couldn't pass it up. Thank fully I bought the Alden 403's and a Baracuta G9 made in England in black. Should be an easy 3 months.
        I'm sure there were and I avoided all them this year. I don't want to buy something that won't fit me in six months or in a year. I'm currently on a diet and weight lifting/cardio routine so I don't need to stock up on higher end items that won't fit when it's all said and done. That and I had other expenses that I needed to plan for and purchase during the holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquish View Post
          I'm sure there were and I avoided all them this year. I don't want to buy something that won't fit me in six months or in a year. I'm currently on a diet and weight lifting/cardio routine so I don't need to stock up on higher end items that won't fit when it's all said and done. That and I had other expenses that I needed to plan for and purchase during the holidays.
          Shoes will fit the same wink wink! Good for you though. I gave up spending and booze for three months. New Years resolution is to make sure I floss once a day.

Comment

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
            It's whatever breaks the challenge for yourself. I have a couple of things that need tailoring. I don't consider that breaking the challenge for myself.

Oh by the way, are you referring to the $12.50 shoe trees from JAB right now? They get to $8.
            Yes I am, but I know they normally go to 8.50. At the end of last year was the first time I saw them for 7.50. So I am basically waiting for then to do in price again.

Comment

Originally posted by firemunkee View Post
              Yes I am, but I know they normally go to 8.50. At the end of last year was the first time I saw them for 7.50. So I am basically waiting for then to do in price again.
              8.50 is their 66% off sale, which comes around pretty often, and 7.50 is their 70% off sale, which comes around once a month or so. At least that's been my experience.

Comment

Updating my shoe inventory list and yikes! The total is scary (for me anyways) before subtracting what I was able to sell on ebay.

The list does make me realize that I am good on shoes for occasion and for rotation. I do not need any more shoes during and after this challenge!

Comment

Doing well! Going strong.

Comment

I had 2 pairs of Aldens delivered today that I had purchased last month. That should be more than enough to hold me over for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
                      Updating my shoe inventory list and yikes! The total is scary (for me anyways) before subtracting what I was able to sell on ebay.

The list does make me realize that I am good on shoes for occasion and for rotation. I do not need any more shoes during and after this challenge!
                      After getting home I realized I forgot to add to the list a pair of new Alden brooks brothers ptb from their after Christmas sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                        I had 2 pairs of Aldens delivered today that I had purchased last month. That should be more than enough to hold me over for a while.
                        Nice which models?

I should go through the shoe collection again. I sold three pairs over the last few months.

Comment

Quick question. Buying thermals for the girlfriend, regardless of the answer. Would this count as a fail? Bought an upper thermal for her pre-P90x. Left it at my business, and it was scooped up by not my girlfriend.

Comment

[MENTION=11797]devastitis[/MENTION] I would say NO because you bought it for another person.

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                              Quick question. Buying thermals for the girlfriend, regardless of the answer. Would this count as a fail? Bought an upper thermal for her pre-P90x. Left it at my business, and it was scooped up by not my girlfriend.
                              No that's a gift for someone else. Unless you two share clothing!

Comment

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
                                Nice which models?

I should go through the shoe collection again. I sold three pairs over the last few months.
                                It's not their more popular models. 1 was a kudu 6 eyelet chukka for Belfast on Trubalance and another was an unlined natural CXL chukka for Leffot. I'll post pics in the recent purchases thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X