No announcement yet.

Jan 1st 2015 P90X/Survivor No Spend Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to remove my myself from a bunch of store email lists. Getting emails advertising their sales is making it tough (ie Bonobos 30% off sales items going on now. - ugh!)
    Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

Originally posted by theskillets View Post
      I need to remove my myself from a bunch of store email lists. Getting emails advertising their sales is making it tough (ie Bonobos 30% off sales items going on now. - ugh!)
      ^^ This is what reminded me that I needed to add myself to the challenge. Good luck everyone!

Comment

It's easier if you don't open the sales emails. Just delete them and you won't know what you're missing out on.

Comment

Originally posted by theskillets View Post
          Yup, I've been doing this as they come in. Bonus benefits of de-cluttering the inbox.

Comment

I apologize if I missed you sbca. Adding you to the list now. I assume you were too hungover to do shopping on the 1st?

Anybody else that's not on the list that should be?

[MENTION=8245]ninpb[/MENTION]
            [MENTION=11274]3piece[/MENTION]
            [MENTION=9879]Brent k[/MENTION]
            [MENTION=3767]wsupjs[/MENTION]
            [MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION]
            [MENTION=12319]Wahoo1997[/MENTION]
            [MENTION=11797]devastitis[/MENTION]
            [MENTION=2721]akosmowski[/MENTION]
            [MENTION=12296]firemunkee[/MENTION]
            [MENTION=12707]DapperTexan[/MENTION]
            [MENTION=2962]justin t[/MENTION]
            [MENTION=12746]ronrob[/MENTION]
            [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION]
            [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION]
            [MENTION=13104]tjyoung[/MENTION]
            [MENTION=6587]andrewlcraft[/MENTION]
            [MENTION=6917]dackman[/MENTION]
            [MENTION=4193]sabrown[/MENTION]
            [MENTION=9168]Vanquish[/MENTION]
            [MENTION=2980]Jackbauer[/MENTION]
            [MENTION=13032]jayashae[/MENTION]
            [MENTION=11948]theskillets[/MENTION]
            [MENTION=12115]doomx[/MENTION]
            [MENTION=11567]TKNumber3[/MENTION]
            [MENTION=12553]sbca[/MENTION]

Comment

Do shoe trees count? I've been waiting for them to go on sale again at JAB, but that didn't happen the last week of Dec

Comment

Originally posted by firemunkee View Post
                Do shoe trees count? I've been waiting for them to go on sale again at JAB, but that didn't happen the last week of Dec
                It's whatever breaks the challenge for yourself. I have a couple of things that need tailoring. I don't consider that breaking the challenge for myself.

Oh by the way, are you referring to the $12.50 shoe trees from JAB right now? They get to $8.

Comment

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
                  It's whatever breaks the challenge for yourself. I have a couple of things that need tailoring. I don't consider that breaking the challenge for myself.

Oh by the way, are you referring to the $12.50 shoe trees from JAB right now? They get to $8.
                  IMO, tailoring doesn't count. Also replacing something that breaks doesn't count either, e.g. you rip a shirt (because somebody upset you and in return you got big and green) and you buy a replacement. Also gifts don't count either.

Comment

Originally posted by doomx View Post
                    IMO, tailoring doesn't count. Also replacing something that breaks doesn't count either, e.g. you rip a shirt (because somebody upset you and in return you got big and green) and you buy a replacement. Also gifts don't count either.
                    Loopholes are bad. I'm REALLY good at justification. I could go pro. Or be committed.

Comment

Yeah, you're coming up with a lot of loopholes there. Only you know whether you truly broke the rules and are out of the challenge. It's more of an honor code type thing since there is no prize to be won.

Comment

For the first time, I'm glad my Gustin work shirt is almost a month late. Supposed to ship sometime next week. Also made a Christmas day purchase of some N&F selvedge that doesn't ship til next week. These should tide me over.

Comment

I honestly haven't made a clothing related purchase since the beginning of November.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquish View Post
                            I honestly haven't made a clothing related purchase since the beginning of November.
                            Nice work, and truly impressive if you make it to April!

Comment

Originally posted by sabrown View Post
                              Nice work, and truly impressive if you make it to April!
                              It definitely will be. I bought so many new wardrobe upgrades between the end of 2013 and the beginning of 2014. Sometimes I'm scared to see how much I have spent upgrading...

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquish View Post
                                That's shocking with all the deals that could have been had.

My last purchase was after Christmas and it was the Jcrew union suit(onesie). $23 couldn't pass it up. Thank fully I bought the Alden 403's and a Baracuta G9 made in England in black. Should be an easy 3 months.

Comment

Working...
                                X