No announcement yet.

Jan 1st 2015 P90X/Survivor No Spend Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I am mostly deleting all the sales spam I get in my email inbox every day, very little temptation there at all. I did glance through End's sale section as well as J.Crew when I saw that 50% off sale code. But the couple things I saw that piqued my interest were either sold out or not in my size. Part of it may have to do with where we are in the season - I'm pretty much full up on winter clothes and spring/summer still seems like a lifetime away. (Though, speaking of spring/summer, I did drive with my windows rolled down today. In 30┬░F. Like ya do.)
    Ben

Comment

One thing that I've been doing is forcing myself to use the pieces that I rarely wear. They are nice but just not one of my favorites or not as easy to pair so they end up sitting on the bench for a long time. You get that fresh/new feeling even though it's an old piece.

Comment

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
        One thing that I've been doing is forcing myself to use the pieces that I rarely wear. They are nice but just not one of my favorites or not as easy to pair so they end up sitting on the bench for a long time. You get that fresh/new feeling even though it's an old piece.

I feel the same way. Trying new outfits and wearing stuff I haut haven't worn a lot but I like. Enjoying what we have is very important.

Comment

Kinda did the same thing today when I wore my Gustin GreyxBlacks for the first time in like 4 months. I have accumulated way too much denim in 2014.

Comment

Same boat here. I just gave away 5 pairs of pants yesterday to Goodwill as I have way too many of the same type and I need to start either wearing them or tossing them.

Comment

I'm out. Picked up some shaggy dog sweaters during the j press sale.

Comment

bump

Comment

Still going strong for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                    I'm out. Picked up some shaggy dog sweaters during the j press sale.
                    Can you update the list please?

I've saved over a thousand dollars so far that I would have spent on J Crew, Gustin, Haberdash's sale on Red Wings, and etc. I'm swimming in disposable cash.

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                      I'm swimming in disposable cash.
                      Are you a Nigerian prince in need of transferring those funds? I can help. Let me send you a box so you can mail the cash to me.

Comment

Updated list with Vicious going out on Shaggy and Scooby Doo sweaters or whatever he meant.

[MENTION=8245]ninpb[/MENTION]
                        [MENTION=11274]3piece[/MENTION] - pants and sportcoat - 1/11
                        [MENTION=9879]Brent k[/MENTION]
                        [MENTION=3767]wsupjs[/MENTION]
                        [MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION] - J. Press shaggy dog sweaters 1/22
                        [MENTION=12319]Wahoo1997[/MENTION]
                        [MENTION=11797]devastitis[/MENTION]
                        [MENTION=2721]akosmowski[/MENTION]
                        [MENTION=12296]firemunkee[/MENTION]
                        [MENTION=12707]DapperTexan[/MENTION]
                        [MENTION=2962]justin t[/MENTION]
                        [MENTION=12746]ronrob[/MENTION] - two dress shirts - 1/11
                        [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION]
                        [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION]
                        [MENTION=13104]tjyoung[/MENTION] - pants - 1/11
                        [MENTION=6587]andrewlcraft[/MENTION]
                        [MENTION=6917]dackman[/MENTION] - Black pants - 1/12
                        [MENTION=4193]sabrown[/MENTION]
                        [MENTION=9168]Vanquish[/MENTION]
                        [MENTION=3910]jackbauer24[/MENTION] - LUDLOW SPORTCOAT IN CHOCOLATE VELVET 1/13/15
                        [MENTION=13032]jayashae[/MENTION]
                        [MENTION=11948]theskillets[/MENTION]
                        [MENTION=12115]doomx[/MENTION]
                        [MENTION=11567]TKNumber3[/MENTION]
                        [MENTION=12553]sbca[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
                          Updated list with Vicious going out on Shaggy and Scooby Doo sweaters or whatever he meant.
                          https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...f0807cdf74.jpg

Comment

as of today i'm on a self-imposed spending freeze for the foreseeable future. I probably spent $700 in the last month alone. I did make an Ashland Leather purchase 3 days ago which I hope I didn't get screwed on. definitely add me to the list. i'm going to have to try really really hard not to buy anything, even if it's a great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by gaseousclay View Post
                              as of today i'm on a self-imposed spending freeze for the foreseeable future. I probably spent $700 in the last month alone. I did make an Ashland Leather purchase 3 days ago which I hope I didn't get screwed on. definitely add me to the list. i'm going to have to try really really hard not to buy anything, even if it's a great deal.
                              Definitely share your thoughts and support about not spending, but to be fair to the people that started from the beginning and the integrity of the list, I can't add your name. It started the 1st and the month is almost over.

Comment

I'm out. Target is closing up shops in Canada, so I wanted to grab a couple more of there Mossimo t-shirts before they shut down and leave me without a go-to basic. Worth the purchase for me, but I'm planning on keeping the challenge going for myself even if there would be an asterisk at the end of the 90 days.

[MENTION=8245]ninpb[/MENTION]
                                [MENTION=11274]3piece[/MENTION] - pants and sportcoat - 1/11
                                [MENTION=9879]Brent k[/MENTION]
                                [MENTION=3767]wsupjs[/MENTION]
                                [MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION] - J. Press shaggy dog sweaters 1/22
                                [MENTION=12319]Wahoo1997[/MENTION]
                                [MENTION=11797]devastitis[/MENTION]
                                [MENTION=2721]akosmowski[/MENTION]
                                [MENTION=12296]firemunkee[/MENTION]
                                [MENTION=12707]DapperTexan[/MENTION]
                                [MENTION=2962]justin t[/MENTION]
                                [MENTION=12746]ronrob[/MENTION] - two dress shirts - 1/11
                                [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION]
                                [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION]
                                [MENTION=13104]tjyoung[/MENTION] - pants - 1/11
                                [MENTION=6587]andrewlcraft[/MENTION]
                                [MENTION=6917]dackman[/MENTION] - Black pants - 1/12
                                [MENTION=4193]sabrown[/MENTION]
                                [MENTION=9168]Vanquish[/MENTION]
                                [MENTION=3910]jackbauer24[/MENTION] - LUDLOW SPORTCOAT IN CHOCOLATE VELVET 1/13/15
                                [MENTION=13032]jayashae[/MENTION]
                                [MENTION=11948]theskillets[/MENTION]
                                [MENTION=12115]doomx[/MENTION]
                                [MENTION=11567]TKNumber3[/MENTION] - Target t-shirts - 1/25
                                [MENTION=12553]sbca[/MENTION]

Comment

Working...
                                X