Wearing Suit Vest as a Regular Vest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wearing Suit Vest as a Regular Vest

Just out of curiosity, is there anything wrong with wearing a suit vest as a regular vest with say jeans or a non matching pair of pants? I mean, aside from the shiny back of the vest. I have my eye on a suit vest that is on sale for dirt cheap ($30).

It really depends on the front. If it looks like the front came from a suit (for example, worsted wool and navy pinstripes like this), then it may look odd and out of place without at least the matching pants.

On the other hand, you can still pull it off if the pattern and colors are versatile, like this or this.

Comment

It's this vest off of JCrew.

http://www.jcrew.com/browse/single_p...=1329421359260

Comment

I'm not a fan of the shiny back, but I also don't own any vests so I may not be the best judge.

Comment

Damn all my useless pinstripe vests with shiny backs. I was also planning on wearing the vest from my suit with some jeans this weekend, but it seems like it would look too out of place. It's charcoal with pinstripes.

Comment

Comment

@The Chang that vest is definitely versatile.

Comment

Strange. The link redirected to another vest on JCrew. The one that I have my eye on is in Newport Blue and is in the sale section.

Comment

Working...
                X