Sunday Challenge - 12/14/2014: Your Holiday Party Look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Challenge - 12/14/2014: Your Holiday Party Look

This week's challenge should offer ample room for individual interpretation and is based on a recent series of posts on the Dappered main page. The challenge this week is to dress in what you would wear (or have worn) to a holiday party. It can be a laid-back/casual holiday party, a smart casual holiday party, or a dressed up holiday party, as described in the Dappered posts, or it can be a holiday party of your own theme or description - just let us know in your entry what type of party your look is a response to. Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing some wrestling singlets like those traditionally worn during the Festivus feats of strength.

Standard rules:

- Challenge proposed on Tuesday or early Wednesday
    - Rules solidified throughout the week
    - On Sunday or before, all participants dress according to challenge guidelines
    - Entries recorded Sunday night, voting begins
    - Winner declared on Tuesday evening
    - Winner is responsible for next week's theme
    BoGeen
    0.00%
    Shade
    0.00%
    Jshackleford
    9.09%
    Shomas
    24.24%
    abc123
    24.24%
    Alan
    30.30%
    andrewlcraft
    6.06%
    Michael Klepacki
    6.06%
    LCDR
    0.00%

Cracker Jack timing Shomas. I'm heading to the GF's casual Holiday party tonight. I'll try to grab some pics.

Comment

I haven't been invited to any Christmas parties Can I submit pics of the sweatpants and tshirt I'll be wearing at home instead?

Comment

I'm attending one this Sunday night so I'll try to grab a pic. Too bad I don't know how people usually dress for it so I might go the more casual route and maybe bring along a sportscoat just in case.

Comment

To be clear, you can show us what you wore to an actual party or you can show us what you're wearing to the party in your head. I've already been to my two work parties and I don't expect to go to another, but I'm going to put in an entry.

Comment

I'm hosting my annual ugly sweater pot luck Saturday. Always a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
              To be clear, you can show us what you wore to an actual party or you can show us what you're wearing to the party in your head.
              I'm too lazy to put together a 'what if' outfit.

I would love to have entered the layers one last week but it's still in the 60s-70s in Texas. If I was back home in VA though, I would have been all over that challenge. I miss being able to layer.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                I'm too lazy to put together a 'what if' outfit.

I would love to have entered the layers one last week but it's still in the 60s-70s in Texas. If I was back home in VA though, I would have been all over that challenge. I miss being able to layer.
                I'm in Houston too, and I layered the other day. Thin white undershirt under an OCBD, lol.

Comment

Perfect! I went to our Christmas formal last weekend and had an outfit I was really excited about. Keep in mind this is college so 'formal' is loosely defined; it basically just means jacket and tie.

Jacket: inherited from my grandfather
                  Shirt: Sean John French cuff
                  Tie: Tatersall knit
                  Cufflinks: Another gift from my grandfather
                  Pants: BR

Last edited by BoGeen; December 11, 2014, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Went to a casual holiday dinner last night.

http://i.imgur.com/bimyjGB.jpg

Jacket - J. Crew cord
                    Shirt - Banana Republic Tailored Slim Fit [went with X-mas colors]
                    Pants - Lucky Brand
                    Boots - Stafford Deacons [went with a rubber soled boot, due to rain and snow]

Comment

Sweater: J Crew Italian Wool shawl collar
                      Shirt: BB Red Fleece denim button down
                      Tie: Gitman Bros wool/silk blend
                      Pants: J Crew Cords
                      Shoes: GH Bass Weejuns

Comment

I'm saving my vote for someone who can make fair isle look downright sexy.

Comment

My entry:

The scenario I'm envisioning is a very casual holiday party at which I most likely drink too much and become incredibly witty, charming, and handsome(r).

Sweater: J Crew
                          Shirt: Lands End (Canvas)
                          Jeans: Uniqlo
                          Shoes: Alden
                          Watch: Invicta/Form Function Form

Comment

This will most likely be my outfit for New Year's at my friend's bar. Sorry for the picture quality, my mirror is really dusty/dirty for some reason and the camera can't fully capture the dark glen plaid pattern very well.

Blazer and shirt: Express
                            Watch: Stauer
                            Pants: JackThreads
                            Shoes: Calvin Klein

Sorry guys, missed the past few challenges due to the chaos known as fantasy football.

Straying slightly off topic, I've been meaning to get the sleeves on the blazer shortened but I'm worried that there will be marks left from the nap of the velvet being crushed down by the buttons and the decorative stitching. When the buttons and stitching are removed, will the crushed velvet spring back?

Comment

Today is my step-sister's wedding, but it's pretty much Christmas themed. And no, my cuffs aren't that huge. I just pulled them down to show the red knot cufflinks. The shoe pic doesn't do them justice, but it's as good as I'm going to get because I'm in a hurry to drive the 3-4 hour to get to College Station, TX for the wedding. They're some of my favorites, though.

Suit: Oxxford Clothes
                              Shirt: Roundtree & Yorke Gold Label
                              Bow tie: ???
                              Shoes: AE
                              Belt: Daniel Cremieux

Last edited by alan; December 14, 2014, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X