Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate all of you bastards...

...for posting about that Clad sale.

Related: my pocket square game is exploding like the death star.

Also: Bastian x RE sunglasses.

Yeah, why did Clad have to go under THIS month? I'm broke until March 1.

Comment

Maybe I'm just a cheap bastard but I STILL haven't spotted anything that's grabbed my attention on Clad. Of course, I haven't spent a great deal of time looking, either.

Ben

Comment

The mb x RE's are a win. And the rogue cotton field jacket. If you want a couple top quality silk squares, there's options.

Comment

Not cheap @BenR... You're a thrifter now and anything over $20 better have been made by a 60 year old Italian man who's been honing his craft since he was 12

Comment

@OnlyShawn, which ones did you get? I was going to get the navy Intruders, but got distracted and never completed the purchased and it sold out . I'm thinking about getting the red or yellow, but they're a little, I dunno...bro-tastic? If I'm paying up to buy quality, well-built sunglasses I kind of want something good for everyday use. The JV wire frame model looks pretty good too.

Comment

I will say that thrifting has changed the max I'd probably spend on a suit/sportcoat/blazer. And ebay has changed the max I'll spend on a pair of shoes. But Clad has some pretty cool things I've never seen before.

Speaking of shoes, though, I wasn't really impressed with most of their shoes options. Just doesn't mesh with my personal taste. There are a couple here and there, but on the whole... Now so much.

Comment

Maybe I spoke too soon. I might buy that bowtie Joe featured today. $25 for American-made, textured, and not too flashy is just about right to get me on the bowtie bandwagon.

Ben

Comment

Oh, I hadn't seen that post... Huh, those Fratelli Rosetti wingtips are pretty sweet. I'd be tempted if I hadn't just picked up a couple pairs of shoes. That's a good maker.

I'm thinking about the bow tie too... Hmm... I really like the Gitman Bros tie I got, so... But what color?

Comment

I recently bought a Gitman Bros tie from Last Call... Utter crap. Sorry, but it's the truth. The label was sewn on poorly and stretched the tie in funky ways. And to top it off, it didn't even come to a symetrical point at the bottom. It was way off to one side. Needless to say, it's going back.

Comment

i got the signature aviator II's in plain ol' silver: http://www.cladmen.com/on-sale/accessories-and-jewelry/signature-aviator-ii-silver-sunglasses-1.html

if your face shape works with it (I don't think mine does), and don't mind the comfort-loop arms (good if you're boating/fishing, though for on the water I'd have polarized lenses...so I'd probably skip these), the signature sportsman's are quality also: http://www.cladmen.com/on-sale/accessories-and-jewelry/signature-sportsman-sunglasses-in-bright-chrome-1.html

I'm a big fan of color on almost everything else (hell, i'm wearing green shoes today), but sunglasses gotta be silver.

Comment

@ JC I just bought the blue. I hope it's not crap like Alan says. :-/ Maybe their ties and bowties are made in different factories.

Ben

Comment

I think that's very surprising. Gitman is usually good.

Comment

I could have very easily gotten a bum. To be fair, I've only ever heard good things about Gitman Bros from other people.

Comment

They sold out of what I wanted! So I hate that I got teased!

Comment

Working...
                              X