navy wool blazer and cotton blazer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

navy wool blazer and cotton blazer

I am in need of a traditional looking, modern fitting navy blue wool blazer and a cotton one. I know LEC has a pretty nice wool one for about $200. I also have been looking at jcrews ludlow blazer thats $365. I dont need a steal but I want quality. I also dont want to spend $1000 on a RL even tho I want to. Please give me your suggestions. Thanks in advance.

How soon do you need it? Banana Republic has navy cotton/ wool blazers on sale all the time. I just picked up a linen/cotton blend one at the BR outlet store for 60% off, yes 60% off. Originally it was $119, I only paid $50 for it. Made in Egypt and decent quality. Having it tailored tomorrow.

Just keep an eye out at your local BR/BR outlet/BR online. I'd also suggest never buying a blazer online unless you've already tried that brand on in store first. A 40R at BR may fit differently then a 40R by RL.

Comment

don't say never. Buying clothes, including a blazer, online is ok.. as long as they offer free return shipping (or in-store return with a store local to you). If it fits, you win. If it doesn't, you return for free!

I do this all the time!

(Banana has free in-store returns)

Comment

^ This is true. If you have free return shipping or can return in store then it's all good. I know J. Crew and RL do not always offer this. I also hear LEC has a banging return policy.

On a side note, I really like the J. Crew Ludlow suit in Italian chino. The wheat color is screaming my name!!

Comment

J. Crew for the navy - absolutely. That blazer is killer.

For the cotton, check out the Gap's offerings. They currently have a black, light tan, and navy pinstripe for about $100, but there's always sales. Just ordered the light tan for myself the other day. If they don't have your size online, you can call and do a store lookup and have it shipped from a retail store.

Ignore the reviewers complaining about them being too small - they're just a more tailored fit, something most Gap customers probably aren't used to.

Best of luck.

Comment

Chris, I'm also in on the search for a decent Navy Blazer. If you find a good one, please share a pic!

Comment

i bought a seriously awesome bluenavy blazer at a thrift store 5 bucks...required nothing, maybe the guy before me was the same build and had similiar tastes...

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
              I>0<I

Comment

Working...
              X