Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hickey Freeman Gilt Deal

http://www.gilt.com/sale/men/hickey-884/product/125605656

Id pretty much given up on Gilt, but this deal seems pretty solid if you can find your size. Wouldnt this be a better investment than say an Indochino suit? Was curious of others' opinions...

Good god, yes.

You're better off spending $500 for a real suit that drapes well, than $300 for an ill-fitting suit that doesn't.

Comment

FWIW, you can get Hickey Freeman suits from lastcall.com any day of the week for $600. When they go on sale, they're less than $500. The same goes for their brick & mortar outlets.

Whether or not they're the same quality, I have no idea.

Comment

Ya I saw this sale 9am sharp. Was meaning to inform threads but forgot to get around to it this morning.

Comment

I'd never actually looked at Hickey Freeman suits before. They look pretty dang sharp. Very clean, gentleman look.

Comment

That suit looks pretty tailored compared to other HFs I've come across. Actually just picked one up via thrifting and it measures the same at the chest as it does at the waist (very boxy). Nothing a tailor can't fix and I'm still excited about the pick-up, but just wanted to throw that out there if anyone is looking to get on this deal. Good luck

Comment

HF is a famous & high quality maker, but if you picked up an older suit thrifting, it probably adheres to the boxier standards for suit fit from years ago.

Comment

This the "hickey" line from HF, right? From what I know it's a slimmer cut, not sure if it's fused or half/full canvassed. Not to say it's a lower quality item, but I don't think it's HF mainline.

Comment

Yeah, the "hickey" line is a bit lower quality.. half canvassed I think and cut for the thinner younger customer. Should still be better than Indochino, Hugo Boss, or anything you can buy in Macy's.

Comment

IIRC, the Hickey Freemans sold at Last Call are main line suits. Or at the very least, they aren't "Hickeys".

http://www.lastcall.com/store/catalo...0002_cat000002

Comment

I dont like the button stance and shortness they portray in the Gilt sale. Im not sure if they are having models size down to accommodate other areas, or what. But personally, I stayed away. Too trim too slim too fashion forward for me.

Comment

Here's another gilt deal, this time for Pierre Balmain suits... I'd guess about the same quality as the "hickey" suits.

http://www.gilt.com/sale/men/pierre-balmain-317?ect=Control&eca=Text&et=DSR_Redesign&ept=DSRTo pPicks&eptn=6&epn=5&utm_content=control&et_cid=680 3&et_rid=e03428d2-ca98-4b9e-bf20-d7f042c4ac74&oeid=6803&utm_source=gilt&utm_medium= email&utm_campaign=DSR_Redesign

These are Euro sizes, so subtract 10 (more or less)... looks like there's some stock for those of you in the 36 range. The rule I've seen is that you take a Euro size and multiply by .79 to the the US / UK size, but subtracting 10 is a pretty good approximation.

Comment

Working...
                        X