Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LEC's new spring line

link

I don't think I've seen any discussion about this on Dappered yet. As usual, high starting prices that will probably come down by more than half through the end of the season, so wait on purchases. I'm digging the multi-check poplin, intrigued by the linen shawl cardigan. The denim peacoat seems like an odd combination I can't see myself wearing.

I approve. That check poplin shirt will be mine at some point. Also like the linen shorts in solid colors. The collarless oxford shirt is interesting.

Comment

Too bad about the high starting prices. I hope they have some good discounts relatively soon - I want to pick up a couple new pairs of shorts and maybe a lightweight shirt for my upcoming trip to Hawaii.

Those swim trunks are especially awesome, though. Length is perfect and they seem to be pretty slim through the leg (really, my biggest complaint about mainstream men's swimwear is not the long length, which I can live with, but the ridiculous bagginess). I especially like the blue floral pattern, as well as the plaid. The contrasting waistband is a nice touch and I love that they come in numbered sizes rather than the standard, ill-fitting S-M-L.

Ben

Comment

This one's a bit of a head-scratcher, though. A terry blazer?

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/mens-french-terry-blazer~235447_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::K87&CM_MERC H=IDX_men-_-new-arrivals&origin=index

To me, the look on the model's face says it all. "Uh, why am I wearing this...?"

Ben

Comment

^ "Is this, like, a costume joke?"

Comment

The colors are just a touch too bright and primary for my taste - like the designers used a box of crayolas.

Assuming prices will drop 50-75%, still nothing really grabbing me - terry blazer and mercerized cardigans are interesting, but I suspect they won't hold up after a couple washings.

Blue oatmeal marled shawl collar is good sweatshirt substitute if it gets to $25 or so, and I like the argyle socks if they get to $5-7.

BenR, may want to check out local store if you want - I got 2 pairs of the sale swim board shorts for $6 each online (strangely no longer in the sale section), one in hibiscus print and the other in a 3-tone stripe. Sized down to 33 from usual 34 based on comments, and that is definitely the way to go.

Comment

The terry blazer would come in handy when doing the dishes, though.

Comment

Still have no idea why they are making 14x14 pocket squares with thick fabric. Whose pockets are these going in?

Comment

A terry jacket would be great if you're going straight from the pool to the bar. Hmmm... nope. Still not right.

Comment

Jay Leno could buy that blazer and wear it over his Chambray shirts as he waxes his 400 cars (well, one of them, while a team tends to the rest).

Comment

@ Weng - I actually got a pair of the three-stripe board shorts for $8 last week. Like you, I sized down (from 31 to 30) and the fit is spot on. But I like the cut and colors of the new style better (though not the current $50 price point).

Ben

Comment

As much as I like the prices and the look, I think I'm going to have to give up on LEC until they change their sizing. The small button-downs are too baggy unless I have them on under a sweater, and the 29X30 pants are a little shorter than I like.

Comment

I really like that LEC is willing to go out on a ledge with some stuff that you don't se anywhere else, even if they do fall over the edge sometimes. Every once in a while, they'll come out with something that's truly unique. (Even though the chambray blazer was a disaster, I applaud their effort.) And if you can wait for a sale, you're likely to get it at a reasonable price.

Now whether it fits or not is a whole other matter, but free shipping codes and local returns sure help.

Comment

I was just looking at my Lands' End order history and I've averaged nearly 1.5 orders per month over the previous 10 months. I would say about half of those items were returned. I can definitely say that their great return policy encourages me to buy more stuff than I would otherwise

Comment

Trash - lol re: dishes!

I hope some of their winter stock appears in their outlet stores now. But I better wait a month before looking.

Comment

Working...
                              X