How does my Barbour fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does my Barbour fit?

I have been lusting for a barbour international jacket and happen to find one at club monaco on sale for $299 from $429.

They didnt have my size in a 36 but they did have a 38. Am i able to pull it off?

Code:
    http://postimage.org/image/5e9t4u5md/
    Code:
    http://postimage.org/image/9bx2u8sfp/

Edit:ugh, how do you link images?

It's ok for a jacket to be a little long in the arms since it's expected to be used for cold weather, but the arms on your jacket are excessively long. Also, it looks like there's a bit of bunching where the belt has been cinched up. Maybe the bunching wouldn't be so noticeable if you were to push it to the sides. You may need the extra room inside if you add a sweater underneath so I'm hesitant to say it's too big in the torso.

It definitely looks long on you, though. The belt is a blessing and a curse. It helps tighten up the waist, but it also identifies where the waist is (or at least where it should be). And it seems to me that the belt's location on you (coupled with the long arms) is telling me that the whole jacket is too long on you. :-S

Going a size down may clear things up.

Comment

Also, the name tag is backwards. You might want to see if they can fix that for you. ;-)

Comment

Hey Alan,

Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately they did not have a 36. Looks like I might have to return it : \

Comment

Might be a little long but the sleeves on those are designed to be long because it's a motorcycle jacket... Try flipping the cuffs up... should be lined with corduroy like the collar and they look cool that way. I think it looks good. Dunno... The 36 might be better, but will you be able to find one for that price?

Comment

@JC: It's hard to see, but notice where the shoulder seam is. Definitely hanging off quite a bit. I know admittedly little about moto jackets, but the pics I found online show a seam that rests on the shoulder rather than hanging off. But if you can, indeed, flip the cuffs, I'd think that would go a long way.

Comment

Yeah, the shoulders are a bit too wide. I guess I'd say return it and look on eBay, like here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Barbour-Orig...#ht_500wt_1413

Comment

They do not have a 36 in all of Canada. The shoulders are about quarter/half inch long. I am leaning towards returning and looking for a 36

Jc: that must have been posted up recently, I did not see that earlier.

Comment

Are there fake Barbours commonly on eBay? Anyone have a recommended seller for those?

Comment

@Cannon: That's a great question. Are they main-stream enough to be ripped off? They're not uncommon, but they're not particularly common, either. I honestly have no idea. But it's an interesting question.

Comment

@mystix - I know you wanted it to work, but I think it's altogether too big. Hope you can find something that's gonna fit perfectly! Tough being on the ends of the size spectrum.

Comment

Can I just say how thankful I am that I can finally put a name to a face here on Dappered? I feel like everyone tries way too hard to keep their faces out of pictures here and I find it strange. Are you afraid to be judged on your face, but not your body or clothes? Thank you mystix for putting pictures of you instead of you minus a head.

It makes it way easier for me to judge this after seeing the face for some reason. Like a taste of the personality that goes in the outfit. James Bond would just be an Armani catalogue if they cut off his head in photos. The face makes it a real active outfit.

I know some of you have your picture as an avatar, but those are too small to see. I need to post myself up here sometime, too. I think it could be a good thing.

Don't fear Dappered Dans. I will not judge you. Just your poor choice of socks.

I almost forgot to say that I think you should size down, even if it means picking a different Barbour jacket to get your right size.

Comment

That jacket really seems like something I would love. But I really don't love that jacket.

Comment

I haven't heard of any fake Barbours, but it's possible I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                            X