Grey Herringbone Coat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grey Herringbone Coat?

Anyone know where I can get a Grey Herringbone Topcoat in 3/4 length and slim to slimmer fitting? Price isn't so much of a concern but value is, if that makes any sense.

Been looking for years, and have never really seen one that fits me. I'd appreciate it if anyone knows of a retailer that sells one.

A lot of stores are already rolling out spring collections. Could be hard to find a 3/4 top coat now, but i'll keep my eyes open. Any preference in style? And what's your size?

Comment

If you're a medium, this seems to fit your requirements:

http://www.dillards.com/product/Cremieux-Tweed-Reversible-Herringbone-Coat_301_-1_301_502918495

Well... all the requirements except for trim fitting. But if you're wearing it over a suit jacket, it's going to have some wiggle room. The more I look at it, the more I like it.

Comment

I bought this during the Nordstrom 2 Day sale after Christmas and like it.

http://store-us.hugoboss.com/mens-outerwear/coxtan-jacket/hbna50206560,en_US,pd.html

Goes with just about everything. I'd like a camel colored jacket, but this was a good first formal overcoat.

To answer your question, yes, that's me modeling it. ;-)

Comment

Alan, in terms of the pattern that's definitely what I'm looking for, if perhaps a touch darker and greyer (meaning less black and white). I was looking for something slightly more formal with lapels (and flap pockets would be an additional plus, but not necessary). Not looking to wear it over a suit, maybe a sweater at the most, which is why I still need the slim fit.

I have noticed that the spring collections are coming out now, so I suppose I should have started this thread earlier. But I have been looking for quite a number of years, so it's never really been on the forefront of my shopping list.

Comment

Well without meaning to nit-pick (and I don't want to sound like a jerk), a "topcoat" is usually (though admittedly not always) assuming a suit underneath. You may want to reconsider your search terms if you're just looking for a slim 3/4 length coat.

This one does appear to have some waist suppression, is more tonal grey than black/white, and it's a cashmere blend...

It's also still $300 on sale :-S

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/john-w-nordstrom-sydney-wool-cashmere-topcoat/3245540

No pocket flaps, either.

Comment

I've been searching with many, many variations of terms and no luck so far. And don't worry, I'm pretty sure you're not a jerk, so I didn't take it that way.

I did see that one, but the "regular fit" is scaring me off a bit. And the color is perhaps a bit too dark. I'm looking for something closer to your first one in color but your second one in style.

Comment

I have a Theory double-breasted herringbone coat I purchased 2 years ago. Theory has a generally slim fit and may meet your fit req.

Comment

What size are you? 40 L by chance?

Comment

Leave it to the thrift posse. :-)

Comment

Unfortunately, no, I'm a 38R. Which does remind me, though, that I should try eBay again...

Comment

I really like this one - although being charcoal might be too dark for you.

It's not quite what you have asked for, but it is a sweet coat!

http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/men's-outerwear/men's-coats/Charcoal-covert-coat?q=gbpdefault||OC007DGY|||||||||||||#

Comment

This is an awesome coat for a 40R:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/287390/s...-long-overcoat

Comment

Jason

The CT coat above is GBP 170.10 - not sure of postage costs to USA, but would have to be better total price than styleforum example.

I see that my link doesn't work, but easy to find in "Outerwear" tab on

www.ctshirts.co.uk

I know they also have a couple of stores in NYC, so anyone in that area might be able to see and try them, then tell the rest of us how good they are.

Comment

Working...
                            X