No announcement yet.

Should I buy this BB suit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jason, of course, you're right about the technical definition of "rise". But, you could have two guys that wear the same suit, where the rise looks good on one but not the other. Depends on length of the chest vs. legs, the person's overall height and their overall look/style, in my estimation.

Comment

Can one of y'all do me a favor? Can you tell me what that odd stuff is underneath the jacket's collar? It's in the one that shows the back of the jacket.

Comment

@forbrit: That's just the felt underneath the collar showing since the collar isn't laying like it should. It's an expected part of the jacket and won't be seen when you're wearing it. It's standard on suit jackets/sport coats/blazers, and all of mine have it, too.

Comment

Thanks, Alan. I was hoping that was what it was, and not just some irregularity, and that was why it was so inexpensive. Do you have any thoughts as to why the price was low relative to the the $998 it normally is?

Comment

forbritisheyesonly, it's probably from a store's floor stock. Once a season each retail store will sell off its floor stock (the clothes on the mannequins, clothes that have been opened/returned, etc.) for next to nothing.

Comment

@forbrit: My guess is the simple fact that it's a pre-owned suit. Second hand clothes usually go for a fraction of what they originally cost.

Comment

HOLY COW. This feels phenomenal. Super soft and drapes so well. Not stiff like the fused **** I have in my closet. I love this =]

One question: how tight are your trousers in terms of rise? Mine is currently 1-2" below my crotch and I'm thinking of changing it. THing is, I don't know how it'll feel because I've never had low-er rise trousers. These are half-canvassed, right? Because the fabric below the bottom button is very thick compared to my other ones.

*This smells like cleaning solution x]

Comment

BB 1818 suits are half-canvassed.

Rise of the pants usually determines where it sits (low rise on the hips, hi rise on the waist or higher) and not how far below the crotch it extends. The way you describe your trousers, it sounds like they have too much rise (too baggy) or you are wearing them too low (on the hip instead of right below your navel).

Comment

I'm used to wearing my Dress pants 3.5" below my navel(Jeans is about 5"); it's SUPPOSED to be just below the navel? =/ I think I will wear them right on my hip bones, instead of 3" below my hip bones. The rise does fit better, though.

Comment

I'm glad you like the material... More importantly... How's the fit?

Comment

THe pants concern me, in terms of the rise. Now that I wear it closer to what it "should" be, I have about 1 inch of fabric below my crotch. The shoulders are immaculate(I like natural shoulders, but the padding is light). Waist needs to be brought in on jacket, at least 2-3". Sleeves are perfect. I want to shorten the jacket length; I used the curved finger method, but it looks long, still. Maybe 2" should do it because it covers my inch by that or a bit more.

Pants' length is very good, as is the seat. I need to ask my grandpapa taper slim down the trousers.

Comment

Is there a way to hide the fabric that's hiding underneath my jacket's collar? I keep trying to fold it but it shows.

Comment

The collar might need to be re-pressed. Take some pics of the fit and get someone to take a pic of the collar from the back

Comment

@forbrit: Considering you just bought it off ebay, it's probably worth taking to the cleaners, anyway. So like JC said, point out the collar and have them re-press it. it's super easy for them.

Comment

Oh, I KNOW this should be brought to the drycleaners, if only for the smell though =]

I'll get pictures tonight or tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X