Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I find a deep purple velvet tie in the next 24 hours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I find a deep purple velvet tie in the next 24 hours?

Title pretty much says it all. Where can I find a deep purple velvet tie in the next 24 hours? I'd also like to not spend more than $50, but that's probably a pipe dream. I've got an early Valentine's day with my wife tomorrow night, and this tie would complete the look I'm going for.

I thought I'd found a reasonable approximation from Last Call yesterday, but it was brighter than it looked once I got it home. So it's going back and I'm starting over.

I'm very price conscious on this so I'm probably screwed, but it is what it is. It doesn't have to be velvet, but it does have to be deep purple (or deep red) and textured.

... and no bow ties. :-P

Comment

LOL. I searched Amazon since they do next day delivery and velvet bow ties are the first thing that popped up.

Comment

I'm currently surrounded by sooooo many ugly department store ties yet they can't go out on a limb for something with texture?

Oh! This one's washable... 100% genuine polyester! :-P

Comment

Have you tried Nordstrom Rack yet?

I have a textured (silk) purple tie that I got from Target. But that was a while ago....

Ben

Comment

I looked around at Nordstrom Rack the other day while on my pocket square hunt didn't find anything. But there's another location I'll check out after work. I'll give Target a shot, too.

Comment

Did you try Men's Warehouse?

Comment

@JC: No, I haven't. There's one on the way home, though.

Comment

The whole final result if i can pull this off could be epic... or just as easily be epic fail.

Comment

Haha - front row seat on Alan's sartorial journey! =P

Good luck - hope you find something in store today!

Comment

I'm thinking it could be a cool look, but when it means I have to hit up places like Target and Men's Warehouse, it makes me start to rethink my decision.

Comment

Consider my curiosity piqued. If this comes together, a WIWT post is a must.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

If it comes together, a WIWT post can be expected. Heck, I might even shave my scruff for the occassion. :-P

Comment

I hit up a lot of stores on the way home. I never saw any sep purple ties were a darn, but at Nordstrom Rack, I found a matte burgundy/charcoal herringbone tie by Thomas Pink for $40. A few doors down, I found a textured silk burgundy tie by Hickey Freeman - also for $40. I couldn't decide between them and I already have a really dark red paisley tie, so I'll probably just go that route. It's not a fancy name, but it was a Christmas gift from my wife so she'll probably appreciate me wearing it. All that work for nothing...

Comment

Working...
                            X