No announcement yet.

For those with LARGE thighs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we really just not do this? Please and thank you.
    Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
      Likewise, I think this is a good, informative thread. Let's not ruin it.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
        Agreed. Back on track... It seems to me there are two general options. Look for slimmer fits and size up or look for wider fits and size down. copying from my previous post...

JC Urban Slim: need to size up 1-2 sizes, pant is a little tight on calf, kind of bunches below knee when standing after sitting down, not as bad with the larger size. would need to tailor larger size.
        34x34, notice the bunch at the knee after sitting down:
        36x32, was holding them how I would get them tailored.:

JC slim straight (I think): Need to size up 2+ sizes for thighs to be comfortable. Not sure how much these would stretch, maybeget away with sizing up less if they would stretch a bit. Would need to tailor waist at larger size
        34x34, notice the bunch at the knee after sitting down:
        36x32, was holding them how I would get them tailored.:

Comment

JC bowery: fit fine, a little baggier than I want.
          34x34:
          JC Bowery Slim: similar to the urban slim, a bit tighter in the thigh but doesn't bunch as much when standing up from sitting down.
          34x34
          36x32

Comment

BR slim straight: size up 1-2 sizes, could tailor but will probably get away without it
            I'll be rockin some cords i bought in this fit tomorrow.

BR Aden: fit better than what I thought. Size up 1-2, I like them better than the Gavin fits I have, I think they would need to be tailored.
            i think these were 35x32

BR Tailored fit: Forgot to mention this one. fit well, maybe even a bit baggy, more trim than the bowery, good fit OTR I think!
            34x34

BR Gavin, a comfortable fit, leg could lose a bit of fabric but good fit OTR IMO.
            34x34:

JCF Sutton: more room than I thought they would have only sized up 1 size, the lower leg was TIGHT on my thigh though, real tight.
            34x34
            Last edited by Creature; October 23, 2014, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Don't worry man a lot of people come to this site with bad shoes. They look, try on and learn what works best. I wouldn't post a fashion related picture if you don't want some form of comment/feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
                Don't worry man a lot of people come to this site with bad shoes. They look, try on and learn what works best. I wouldn't post a fashion related picture if you don't want some form of comment/feedback.
                Haha. Wow!
                Last edited by DapperTexan; October 23, 2014, 10:59 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=12684]Creature[/MENTION]

I think the JC Bowery slims look really good.

I also think the slim straights look good. Wonder I'd a little tailoring and a belt would work?

Comment

I like the fit of the Navy Bowery slims you posted. That's pretty much how I'd like every pair of pants to look, ideally. Any slimmer, and the inseam feels like it wants to burst when I sit down. I don't know how some guys do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Matchbook View Post
                      I like the fit of the Navy Bowery slims you posted. That's pretty much how I'd like every pair of pants to look, ideally. Any slimmer, and the inseam feels like it wants to burst when I sit down. I don't know how some guys do it.
                      Agreed, I liked that fit as well, just need a tailor for the waist.

I tried some levis this week. I have a pair of 505's that are tight on the thighs but good everywhere else, 33x34. I tried some 508's (34x34) and the taper was way too aggressive for me, they were like wearing leggings from the knee down. The 514's (34x34) I tried were about the same as my 505s but had a wider leg opening by about an inch. Lastly I tried the 541's (34x34) and they fit well. They were very soft, not sure if it was the wash or the elastase in them. I have a pic of them but I'm on my phone so I'll upload later.

Comment

Anyone else have a problem with the pocket flare in many of the above pics? It really bothers me, but I guess I'm just OCD about it.

Comment

[MENTION=2881]HB[/MENTION] I do, I really hate it because if I see it on a pair of my pants I know they're not going to sit right across the thighs. But I'm trying to abstain from commenting because I'm becoming fashion Moses calling out pretentious style decrees from vintage, handmade stone tablets.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                            [MENTION=2881]HB[/MENTION] I do, I really hate it because if I see it on a pair of my pants I know they're not going to sit right across the thighs. But I'm trying to abstain from commenting because I'm becoming fashion Moses calling out pretentious style decrees from vintage, handmade stone tablets.
                            I have learned to live with the pocket flair because it seems like every pair of pants that aren't jeans that I wear gets them... What causes them and how do you prevent it??

Anyways, here is the 541's.

Edit: After looking at this pic, they felt more slim than they look. they do have some extra room in them, but i remember thinking it was the right amount in the right spots. ohh well.

Comment

Well, I personally don't think those jeans fit you well from head-on, I think the leg (below knee) may be too skinny? I've got a pair that fit like that I think, not too happy w/ the fit.

As for pocket flare - it's one of two things, either rise or thighs are too tight - ultimately it comes down to the same thing though, insufficient fabric across the front.

If you wear higher-rise pants low on the hips, they'll flare out, likewise if the waist is just too tight I believe. This is because higher rise pants often have a smaller true waist (hips are wider) and so you're now wearing them at the hips which is stretching less fabric out across a wider area.

Also if they're simply too tight across the thighs they'll pull open the pockets, causing them to flare. This is because there's not enough fabric in front: http://www.styleforum.net/t/315238/gaping-pockets, http://www.styleforum.net/t/313607/h...taper-my-pants,

When you want slim fitting pants as a guy with bigger thighs, you're looking for a gentle taper that starts around the knee or slightly above it. As we've talked about here, better to buy a size up and take in the waist so it fits, otherwise there's not enough fabric in front for your thighs!

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                                Well, I personally don't think those jeans fit you well from head-on, I think the leg (below knee) may be too skinny? I've got a pair that fit like that I think, not too happy w/ the fit.

As for pocket flare - it's one of two things, either rise or thighs are too tight - ultimately it comes down to the same thing though, insufficient fabric across the front.

If you wear higher-rise pants low on the hips, they'll flare out, likewise if the waist is just too tight I believe. This is because higher rise pants often have a smaller true waist (hips are wider) and so you're now wearing them at the hips which is stretching less fabric out across a wider area.

Also if they're simply too tight across the thighs they'll pull open the pockets, causing them to flare. This is because there's not enough fabric in front: http://www.styleforum.net/t/315238/gaping-pockets, http://www.styleforum.net/t/313607/h...taper-my-pants,

When you want slim fitting pants as a guy with bigger thighs, you're looking for a gentle taper that starts around the knee or slightly above it. As we've talked about here, better to buy a size up and take in the waist so it fits, otherwise there's not enough fabric in front for your thighs!
                                Awesome! Thanks for the honest comments, I'm trying to learn. I'll be trying some more fits and sizes out now. What I really wanted from this thread was some ideas on which brands/fits work the best. The pocket issues may be how I was holding in the larger fits.

Good links too, any other comments?

Comment

Working...
                                X