Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which glen plaid tie should I get? Opinions please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which glen plaid tie should I get? Opinions please...

I'm thinking of buying a glen plaid tie, but can't decide between the following three options:

Hickey Freeman wool/cashmere, 3.375 inch width for $62.47

Allen Edmonds silk, 3.5 inch width for $52.06

Kent Wang 6-fold silk, 3 inch width for $85

(Prices may look different for you, as I get hit by tax).

What do you think is the best option, when looks, size, and price are considered? Any other options you think I should consider?

My favorite is the AE. The HF is a little old-mannish to me, and the Kent Wang just feels busy somehow.

Comment

I'm a little partial to the Hickey Freeman one especially it being winter and all. I love the wool look.

My second choice would be the AE one.

Comment

I love the HF, but then I'm a little old-mannish

Seriously, I love the texture of the wool / cashmere

Comment

HF then AE

Comment

The HF. A glen plaid tie was meant to be a material other than silk. That wool cashmere is fantastic.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

The HF seems slightly more causal to me, but I do gravitate to that one most.

Comment

I like the HF one....don't really like the others.

Comment

HF. Don't mind the AE, but 3.5" is starting to get wide, too, and I feel that wool ties are better in a slimmer look. (Mind you that I also don't go below 3" widths for ties personally)

Comment

I like the IDEA of the HF tie. Just not a fan of the execution.

Comment

@Weng Why the HF first?

Comment

Hopefully I'm not too late... you could get all three of these for $45 from www.thetiebar.com

I have about 10 of their ties, silk,wool, silk knit, cotton and they're all fantastic. Consider it, I think you'll be pleased.

http://www.thetiebar.com/order_page.asp?pn=23442&orderPageReturn=%2Fcategor yPages%2FAll_Ties%2Easp&pg=0&categoryIds=31,17,55& optionValueIds=

http://www.thetiebar.com/order_page.asp?pn=22430&orderPageReturn=%2Fcategor yPages%2FAll_Ties%2Easp&pg=0&categoryIds=31,17,55& optionValueIds=

http://www.thetiebar.com/order_page....ptionValueIds=

Comment

I prefer the HF. Looks like the price is $42.0, now.

Comment

Working...
                          X