Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guilty Pleasure Purchases...we all have them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guilty Pleasure Purchases...we all have them.

Stemming from my reply in the "when did you start caring?" thread.

Most of us have similar styles it seems, or at least try to follow the "rules" of a mature style. However, I'm sure that there is at least one guilty pleasure in everyone's closet, whether it be one piece that you can't get rid of, or a brand that you're still fond of even though the "rules" say you shouldn't be.

For instance, I do still have a handful of American Eagle button down shirts for casual wear, because they have a great fit. If the Eagle logo wasn't on the chest pocket they'd be perfect. I'm long past the age range for that store, but a casual button down on sale is usually around $15, and they're a better fit and quality than say, Old Navy or Land's End Canvas, IMO.

I also love the fit of Hollister/Abercrombie T-shirts. A much more fitted style, and you can often find solids in a good selection of colors. Would help again if the logos were missing (or if every shirt wasn't adorned with some kind of logo), but I was a big advocate of the "surfer prep style" years ago and these have held me over since then.

Oreo cookies.

Comment

My Von Dutch t-shirts. Yep, that's right, Von Dutch. If you have a muscular build, you will not find a better fitting shirt. Started wearing them way after they went out of style. They are my guilty pleasure...nothing too over the top. In fact, you probably won't even know they are Von Dutch at first glance.

Comment

I had an ooooooold sleeveless Structure t-shirt that I bought for my first college spring break... 15 years ago. I never wear it visibly in public anymore, but I use it as undershirt.

It was worn so thin, it tore in my hands when I was taking it off two days ago. Split right in both shoulders. There's no saving it. :-(

Also, I wear the hell out of my Kenneth Cole black slip-ons. I go through a pair a year, but they're so cheap that I've kept replacing them. They're like the incredible disposable shoe. This pair I'm on will probably be the last, though.

Comment

Lately my guilty pleasure has been my Carhartt vest. I don't really wear it out but I wear it all the time in the house, since our thermostat is set so low (58┬░). It's super warm. Also good to wear while doing chores or yardwork.

Ben

Comment

I'm embarrassed to say it - but mine is the Mini Cooper that I use for bench press reps.

Comment

My gilty pleasure is probably some graphic t-shirts I tend to wear on weekends that involve running around doing house hold chores or work related. Such as a stop by home depot or lowes that then requires work around the house. The summers here where I live tend to be 100+ degrees most of the summer. And being that I sweat a lot, I tend to go back to my old semi-graphic T-shirts to ruin instead of polos or basic Ts for these types of duties.

Also have two pairs of Bar III linen cargo shorts from Macy*s in my rotation during summer. They are so lightweight and they don't make them without the pockets on the sides, that I tend to resort to them with a graphic T and some sandals when having to run honey-dos or home improvement stores. Of course this is only in the summer time when I cant stand pants outside of work.

Comment

Probably my Sanuk Sidewalk Surfers and flip flops. I live in my flops during the summer. My feet hate being confined to shoes in the hot humid weather.

Comment

Other than the occasional leopard speedo used on vacations. I have a pair of American Eagle shorts that I bought 8 years ago. They are cut-off sweat pant shorts that have since become almost a loin cloth that I put on when I get home from work (and not planning on going out even to collect the mail).

My other guilty pleasure I am sad to say I recently tossed. It was a Kobe Bryan jersey I received as a b-day present. The thing was seriously faded and had a huge hole in front from when I got to close to the stove. My wife HATED that thing but it was so comfortable.

Comment

Sanuks aren't all bad, necessarily. I'd totally wear these in white as a casual summer/beach shoe:

http://www.sanuk.com/standard

Ben

Comment

Rainbow Flip-flops. I've been going through a pair a year since early college. The south is too hot for closed toe in the summer. (I'm with you AedanM)

Comment

rainbow has warranty on their soles, why go through a pair every year? Unless you like purchasing new colors.

Comment

I have a two pairs of Sanuk Beer Cozy Flip Flops... Those things are amazing!

http://www.sanuk.com/beer-cozy

Comment

Wearing my running shoes casually. Although it looks to be trending right now. :-/

Comment

Oh Yeah, I almost forgot my Vibram 5-Fingers.. Which I only wear at the Gym or used to anyway (cancelled, and now doing P90X at home).

Comment

Working...
                              X