Tailoring Alfani Red jacket....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tailoring Alfani Red jacket....

After reading all of the mostly positive reviews around the web and on Dappered, I decided to buy an Alfani Red suit a few weeks back for a school awards ceremony I was invited to.

In short, the fit was wonderful. It wasn't perfect, but it was as close as I may ever get with an off-the-rack department store private label purchase.

There is only one problem: The size was 38L.

Apparently this is a very rare size that is difficult to locate. I've called many Macy's stores throughout the state and haven't been able to find one. I cannot find the size listed under any of the suits on the Macy's website. Even the salesman who sold me the suit told me he had never seen that size (except when I showed him the size tag on the inside of the jacket I had purchased). The only other time I have seen the Alfani Red in 38L is in one Ebay listing that has long since expired.

I've tried the 38R on, and it appears to fit really well except the sleeves are just a tad bit too short. I'm looking at buying another Alfani Red in a 100% Wool Gray. It looks fantastic. And the price is great (sub $150 for the entire suit).

However I would need to have the sleeves lengthened about a half inch to 1 inch. Does anyone own a 38R and/or know if the sleeves can be let down? If so, by how much?

I'm looking at the sleeves of the 38L and it doesn't appear that they can be lengthened very much if at all and was wondering if this is true with the 38R as well.

I don't own any Alfani Red, so this may not be helpful. However, I am a 38-40R in most brands and always need the sleeves lengthened about one half to one inch as well. I have never had a problem getting that done.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Well I just bought the same gray suit in a 38R yesterday and in Memphis we have 2-3 in 38L I tried one on yesterday. Just take the suit to a register at Macy's and have them locate one on the register. I work at Macy's also. So if you have no luck I'll find ya one tomorrow when I go to work.

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys.

Comment

622362024168 is the item number. What area do you live in? I have the list of phone numbers to the stores that have it

Comment

I live in Virginia (Richmond area). Dude..you are too awesome.

Comment

if that doesnt work, look in the sleeve of the suit and see how much space you have from wear the lining is complete to where the hem is made, and then take off a 2/10 of an inch, that will be the amount of space your tailor has to work with. Bring a ruler...

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
              I>0<I

Comment

Well there a few stores in your state that have them but they are more near the D.C. Area. Your best bet is to call farmington, CT 860-561-3030 or San fransico, CA 415-397-3333. They can ship it to you free of charge and also if you end up not liking or wanting it you can return it to your local Macy's. Also, you might wanna wait not this Saturday but the 17-18th we will be having a 1day sale which drops it's price a lot and you can also use a 15% off coupon on it.

Comment

Jetmemphis, if you're ever in the area, I owe you a beer.

Comment

Jet Memphis is our inside scoop on Macys...sweet

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                    I>0<I

Comment

Damn, great job guys! That's awesome!!

Comment

Working...
                      X