Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarkie_415
    replied
    the only thing about A that gave me caution was the carry handle and shoulder strap mounting hardware. B looked beefier in that regard. props on the polling results... looks like we need a voter ID law...

Leave a comment:

• drocpsu
    replied
    A! Great choice. That's the same one I would've gone with.

Leave a comment:

• bruschetta
    replied
    Originally posted by greg_s View Post
    I'm just glad we have a poll that overwhelmingly proves Bruschetta's narcissism.

Jokes aside, A was the correct choice.

GREEEEEG!

Leave a comment:

• greg_s
    replied
    I'm just glad we have a poll that overwhelmingly proves Bruschetta's narcissism.

Jokes aside, A was the correct choice.

Leave a comment:

• jwwilker
    replied
    Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
    I purchased briefcase A today.
    Post up some real-world pics when it arrives. I'd like to see what it truly looks like!

Leave a comment:

• bruschetta
    replied
    I purchased briefcase A today. In the end, I was debating over A and D.

I ruled briefcase B out because, while it looked nice, I noticed that it was made with small pieces of leather that had been sewn together rather than a single, large piece of leather. That was a warning sign to me. Plus, y'know, the whole "imported" thing.

Briefcase D may be conservative, but I think that the style is timeless. I don't require every item in my wardrobe to be flashy.

Thank you all again for your feedback. Crizip averted. The world is at zippeace.

Leave a comment:

• idvsego
    replied
    I vote c. I like the slim and sleek look.

Leave a comment:

• gibbysmalls
    replied
    A or C. B is too busy, and D is boring. In all things, balance

Leave a comment:

• Murph65
    replied
    A, if and only if it has the quick releases, otherwise B. Voting for A.

Leave a comment:

• Shomas
    replied
    I'm sticking with B. I like the shape better than A and I'm not wild about the branding on A. And I'm kinda stubborn.

Leave a comment:

• bruschetta
    replied
    Originally posted by Shomas View Post
    While Option E is clearly the correct one and the equally correct Option F ("Who gives a damn what you lot think - jog on!") isn't available just yet, I think there is a practical reason for going with Option B. A single buckle is easier to deal with while on the go than the double buckle. In fact, I might go as far as to call it twice as easy to deal with. That's not nothin'.
    Originally posted by C.Dubs View Post
    I second this. My everyday briefcase has two buckles. It's pretty, but it's also a pain in the ass to get into when I'm carrying by the shoulder strap.
    Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Agree with these. Although I think A is the most attractive option and I voted for it on that basis, two buckles could be a PITA unless they come with some sort of quick-release function. The briefcases I use - a canvas Filson and a vintage leather Orvis - come with a button snap and a push-button release, respectively, so they are pretty easy to use.

[Edit] I'm looking at the other images for bag A and it looks like... maybe? It has some sort of quick release system? But it's hard to tell.
    I believe that bags A and D both have quick-release clasps on their buckles. Just like papa bear.

Game changer? !! ! ! !! ! !!! !! !!

Thank you for all of the feedback everyone. So far I'm leaning toward A and I've crossed C off the list.

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    While Option E is clearly the correct one and the equally correct Option F ("Who gives a damn what you lot think - jog on!") isn't available just yet, I think there is a practical reason for going with Option B. A single buckle is easier to deal with while on the go than the double buckle. In fact, I might go as far as to call it twice as easy to deal with. That's not nothin'.
    Originally posted by C.Dubs View Post
    I second this. My everyday briefcase has two buckles. It's pretty, but it's also a pain in the ass to get into when I'm carrying by the shoulder strap.
    Agree with these. Although I think A is the most attractive option and I voted for it on that basis, two buckles could be a PITA unless they come with some sort of quick-release function. The briefcases I use - a canvas Filson and a vintage leather Orvis - come with a button snap and a push-button release, respectively, so they are pretty easy to use.

[Edit] I'm looking at the other images for bag A and it looks like... maybe? It has some sort of quick release system? But it's hard to tell.

Leave a comment:

• OriJeans
    replied
    I like A and B - both are great. I picked B cause its colour fits my style better.

Leave a comment:

• C.Dubs
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DapperTexan
    replied
    I use the following http://ii.wilsonsleather.com/fcgi-bi...=1000&cvt=jpeg which also has zippers up top (in addition to the side-buckled flap).

I gotta say for being on the go, zippers all the way. One handed operation is also much better, as you can quickly get in and out even while keeping one hand on the wheel.

That said, Bag A would be my vote on the selection presented.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X