• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vote on Bruschetta's new briefcase.

Style Emergency
    This is definitely a big deal.

Disaster has struck.

The first of two zippers on my briefcase escaped this morning. No problem, I thought. I can make due with one. The second zipper made a spectacular leap for freedom as I was packing up to head home. Gentlemen, I have a full-scale zippmergency on my hands. I am at Defzip One.

Assemble the zipvengers.

Help me. Help me help you. By helping me. Vote on my next briefcase.

Briefcase A: Calf leather, double buckle, suede lining, laptop compartment. Made in the UK.

Briefcase B: Calf leather, single buckle, laptop insert. Made in "Imported" (China? Spain?)

Briefcase C: Waxed cotton, zipper, minimal interior. Made in Insert-Eastern-European-Country.

Briefcase D: Grain leather, double buckle, laptop sleeve, made in the UK.
    Briefcase A
    66.67%
    Briefcase B
    14.29%
    Briefcase D
    7.14%
    You are a silly narcissist.
    11.90%

Briefcase A for me. I'm not a huge fan of waxed cotton for briefcases. Other bags sure, business bags not so much. Also

The bigger flap on bag A is more aesthetically appealing to me than the smaller flap on bag B.

Bag D made no impression on me whatsoever.

Comment

I'm going with "A" as well...it's got a bit more of a 'timeless-masculine' look to it.
      Follow me on Instagram! @wilkstime

Comment

This is great feedback, guys. Gold. GOLD. Keep it up.

Comment

I like B. Although imported is....imported.

Comment

While Option E is clearly the correct one and the equally correct Option F ("Who gives a damn what you lot think - jog on!") isn't available just yet, I think there is a practical reason for going with Option B. A single buckle is easier to deal with while on the go than the double buckle. In fact, I might go as far as to call it twice as easy to deal with. That's not nothin'.

Comment

I like bag "A" as well.

Comment

I use the following http://ii.wilsonsleather.com/fcgi-bi...=1000&cvt=jpeg which also has zippers up top (in addition to the side-buckled flap).

I gotta say for being on the go, zippers all the way. One handed operation is also much better, as you can quickly get in and out even while keeping one hand on the wheel.

That said, Bag A would be my vote on the selection presented.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                  While Option E is clearly the correct one and the equally correct Option F ("Who gives a damn what you lot think - jog on!") isn't available just yet, I think there is a practical reason for going with Option B. A single buckle is easier to deal with while on the go than the double buckle. In fact, I might go as far as to call it twice as easy to deal with. That's not nothin'.
                  I second this. My everyday briefcase has two buckles. It's pretty, but it's also a pain in the ass to get into when I'm carrying by the shoulder strap.

Comment

I like A and B - both are great. I picked B cause its colour fits my style better.

Comment

Originally posted by C.Dubs View Post
                      I second this. My everyday briefcase has two buckles. It's pretty, but it's also a pain in the ass to get into when I'm carrying by the shoulder strap.
                      Agree with these. Although I think A is the most attractive option and I voted for it on that basis, two buckles could be a PITA unless they come with some sort of quick-release function. The briefcases I use - a canvas Filson and a vintage leather Orvis - come with a button snap and a push-button release, respectively, so they are pretty easy to use.

[Edit] I'm looking at the other images for bag A and it looks like... maybe? It has some sort of quick release system? But it's hard to tell.
                      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by C.Dubs View Post
                        Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                        Agree with these. Although I think A is the most attractive option and I voted for it on that basis, two buckles could be a PITA unless they come with some sort of quick-release function. The briefcases I use - a canvas Filson and a vintage leather Orvis - come with a button snap and a push-button release, respectively, so they are pretty easy to use.

[Edit] I'm looking at the other images for bag A and it looks like... maybe? It has some sort of quick release system? But it's hard to tell.
                        I believe that bags A and D both have quick-release clasps on their buckles. Just like papa bear.

Game changer? !! ! ! !! ! !!! !! !!

Thank you for all of the feedback everyone. So far I'm leaning toward A and I've crossed C off the list.

Comment

I'm sticking with B. I like the shape better than A and I'm not wild about the branding on A. And I'm kinda stubborn.

Comment

A, if and only if it has the quick releases, otherwise B. Voting for A.

Comment

A or C. B is too busy, and D is boring. In all things, balance

Comment

Working...
                              X