Best budget winter dress socks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best budget winter dress socks

So, in short, I hate my feet being cold. I work in an office where I can wear pretty much whatever I want (people dress ranging from jeans and a tee to business casual to suits, mainly depending on if they have meetings or not) , but I tend to stick to a more put together business casual. I'm looking forward to dressing for the colder temperatures...except for my feet. It seems like my feet are always cold, regardless of shoe choice, and I think it's largely due to my socks holding any and all moisture right next to my feet. So, I'm wondering if you guys have any input on reasonably priced dress(ier) socks, preferably in mildly interesting colors/patterns (meaning not just solid blue/black/grey). Thanks!

How about a floor heater under your desk?

Comment

If solid colors are fine with you land's end has some pretty nice wool/wool blend socks that get pretty cheap. The color selection varies, however I've found a decent selection over time (Blues, red, brown, yellow, greens, gray + the classics).

Comment

^ I'll check that out. Thanks!

Originally posted by JGL View Post
        How about a floor heater under your desk?
        Sadly, not an option. No one can have things like this because the electrical grid couldn't handle everyone having a fan or a heater or a whatever plugged in.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick View Post
          ^ I'll check that out. Thanks!

Sadly, not an option. No one can have things like this because the electrical grid couldn't handle everyone having a fan or a heater or a whatever plugged in.
          Very sad.
          find latest fashion at faearch.com

Comment

Check out Uniqlo. I found some awesome ones last time I was in store. Lots of patterns but I got ones that had reindeer and a fair isle thing going on.

Comment

There are always these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007SNUZC0/

I don't have any, but from reviews I've read I think the key is to wear thin dress socks so the heat transfers directly to your feet.

Comment

I wear Darn Tough Socks all year round, and I live in a 4 season climate (DC).

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                  I wear Darn Tough Socks all year round, and I live in a 4 season climate (DC).
                  Do you buy their lighter weight socks for the summer or are you wearing their heavy socks year around?

Comment

I have lighter weight DTS for the summer. No shows for when I go very casual, and thinner crews for everything else.

Comment

I haven't tried any of their lighter socks yet. The couple of pairs of boot socks I have are very nice, though (and actually sized, which is extremely nice for someone who doesn't have a size 11.5 foot). I'll have to see about trying their lighter weight socks at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by dpark View Post
                        I haven't tried any of their lighter socks yet. The couple of pairs of boot socks I have are very nice, though (and actually sized, which is extremely nice for someone who doesn't have a size 11.5 foot). I'll have to see about trying their lighter weight socks at some point.
                        I absolutely beat mine up, and no holes or signs of wear yet. And the lifetime guarantee makes them hard to beat. Problem used to be in finding styles you like, but they've been doing a great job with that lately as well.

Comment

My feet get cold also. I recently bought some merino wool REI "Everyday Crew Socks" for $9.95 pr. Warm and look nice, reasonably dressy, several colors available. A little bit thicker on the sole and toes but not as heavy as a hiking sock.

Comment

Check out Smartwool Socks. I usually get mind at Nordy Rack but they are at Amazon as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X