Chinos with a higher rise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chinos with a higher rise?

I need help finding chinos with a higher rise but still straight to slimish fit. My go to jeans are 501s thanks to their higher rise. I'm a weird size 30-31x34 so ive never had much luck finding anything off the rack. I thought I had found "the ones" after trying on gap classic khakis in straight fit. Ordered my size online but they just sit too low to be comfortable. Same goes for the docker D1s I've tried. Thinking about trying lands end tailored fit next, but worried they may not actually be "tailored". Can anyone comment on lands end tailored fit or recommend other brands that may sit a little higher?

Hey Richard, I think this might be a good route to go...

The classic option has a higher rise: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/pantsbyfit.jsp

And you can get these pants in 30 or 31, and get them unhemmed so a tailor can get them perfect: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/pantsbyfit/classic/PRDOVR~64782/64782.jsp

Sounds like you, sir, are tall and skinny! You may also want to consider going with less of a break in your pants. Can try it to see if you can dig that look.

Comment

Thanks Nick! Haven't tried J. Crew yet so may have to run by and check them out. I like the idea of ordering them unhemmed to get the perfect length. Also may try bonobos with the fab credits and codes floating around.

Comment

I'd like to go that route at some point too. My wife says I should toss the grey slacks from GAP that I keep wearing. But I just had the hem repaired, so I feel like I should get some more mileage out of them.

There's no way I could buy 31x34 in stores - it's just not manufactured by anyone. So this seems like a good route to get the perfect waist and perfect break. The total price would be approaching $100, but if the fit is it, that would be nails.

Comment

Working...
        X