Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vest without a tie?

I've been seeing this a lot lately.

button-up shirt, waistcoat/vest, no tie. I've always been told that you need a tie to wear a vest, and to do otherwise is completely unacceptable unless you are in a western or the 70s

I do it often with a pair of jeans.

Comment

I do it, as a matter of fact, i did it yesterday. I didnt wear a button down. I wore a tan polo, with some dessert boots and a pair of washed blued jeans. I love the casual look you give a vest becasue its not really meant to be casual but, with a short sleeve polo it looks really good. If you make it a button down, make sure the arm hole is thin and not blousing becasue i find that to be the mistake that is made alot.

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
      I>0<I

Comment

I do it all the time with a sweater vest, but that's not quite the same thing. I've always wanted to try the whole vest with other attire thing.

Comment

I personally don't like the look of a 3 piece suit....comes off as overly formal, actually not much for vests (with the exception of sweater vests)

Then again, I'm on the thicker end (re: fat) so the vest look wouldn't look great on me

as long as you don't do the awful suit vest over a t-shirt look you should be ok

Comment

Working...
          X