No announcement yet.

Merona Blue Blazer Pics and Size Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spotted one at the local Target and picked up the only small they had for $44.99 + tax. Not a fan of the shoulder bunching up like in the picture in the original post. I'm returning it.

Comment

I don't know why I was thinking $35...the original post said $44.99 too. I grabbed it because it could dry up and never reappear. This seems to happen with the things I love the most! Plus, I have a light (stone?) colored, unstructured jacket already from BR that will balance out the color spectrum with the navy.

My Target had one jacket hanging by its lonesome in a size I couldn't fit, so I was distraught and dejected, as one might imagine. Then I found the rest of them, but the navy was the only option with all the sizes available.

Comment

I picked up a navy for versatility...should I pick up the khakis colored one as well? Is Khaki pretty versatile?

Also the instructions say "MAchine wash cold." Just throw it in the laundry machine instead of dry clean?

Comment

Khaki is appropriate for warmer weather; navy is more year-round (though it can get a little oppressive in summer).

Ben

Comment

@Acoustic - Good move with the navy for starters. You could keep your eyes peeled for a different kind of khaki jacket since there's no real hurry. I lucked out thrifting and found a great blazer. Another thing would be to wait to see if they go on sale before grabbing the khaki. Plus, if it goes on sale within a certain number of weeks, you can get credited on the one you already bought, if you save the receipt.

Comment

I went and tried them on. Im a 38 and the medium fit well but the @%@$% sleeves were way too long, as they are on almost all blazers i try on. The material felt really cheap, and i feel like tailoring a target blazer just doesn't make much sense. I'll wait for some better made items to go on sale, and tailor those.

Comment

Tried one on at Target today. I'm really shocked at its popularity here.

This is just an awful piece of clothing. Fit was poor (really any jacket that's measured S,M,L etc is going to suck). The material looks, feel and is cheap. Looking at it the wrong way would lead to wrinkles. The chunky outerseam stitching makes this inappropriate for just about anything other than a safari.

If you guys are trying to build a wardrobe on a budget, skip this. I'm not one to buy used clothing, but I would gladly take a thrift sports jacket over this.

Better yet, take the $45 aside and save up for something better.... like this Dappered-endorsed Banana Republic sports jacket. With a 40 percent off coupon and your $45, you'll be out $75 to buy it. But it's worlds better that this terrible Target thing.

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...scid=421134002

Comment

Tried one on today. I didn't find the material a problem for that price point and a very casual jacket. Unfortunately for me, the medium was just slightly too big in the shoulders, I had some bunching on the inside of the armpit because my chest wasn't quite broad enough. Tried on a small and it was ridiculously small, especially since small merona stuff usually fits me fine. I would have gotten it if it fit alright - even tried on the 3 mediums they had there hoping for a difference.

Comment

Picked one up at lunch and I have to agree with other posters that the Small fits pretty snug. I'm a 36S (5'9" 135lbs) and the small felt tight in the chest/arms.

Going to try it on again when I get home and then decide if I'm going to keep it or not. A navy blazer @ H&M costs $60. Not sure if the Merona one is worth the $45 in my opinion.

This item is very casual looking

Comment

For those who were wondering, it's 100% cotton

Comment

I went to try one on the other day, in my store they have one nailed to the wall for "display" but they don't stock it. I asked if they had sold out and the guy said they never had it, just the one for "display".

Comment

That guy needs to be fired

Comment

@nftmlk FWIW, all the blazers I have ever found at H&M are poly blends. They feel like crap and the look to be poorly made.

Comment

For those of you on the fence, I was just in Target last night, and the blazers are currently on sale at $35 each.

Comment

@ CaliProf I have an H&M blazer that is a cotton/linen blend. It's been my go-to summer blazer for the past 2 years and it's still in fine shape.

Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X