Merona Blue Blazer Pics and Size Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merona Blue Blazer Pics and Size Question

Was able to stop by and try this on at lunch. Seems like a nice, substantial fabric for the price. Curious what you guys though of the fit of the Medium. More specifically, I was wondering if a little bit of the pulling or rumpling at the button is normal or can be fixed.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-n...400/2012-02-07

The shoulders seem a "touch" wide and maybe the sleeves can be taken up a 1/4" or 1/2", but otherwise, spot on. I haven't seen these coats in any local (San Diego) area Target yet.

Comment

Shoulders definitely look wide. What's it made of, cotton?

Comment

You know what, I forgot to look at the tag to see. I'm a horrible dappered poster!

The material was much nicer than I expected it to be though, even after reading Joe's post I still had reservations.

I also thought the same thing on the shoulders, seems like this would work well for guys who have broad shoulders but I could live with it as well as it's not too bad.

Comment

Very interesting. Would be interested to know how this compares to the new blue blazer in town, the JCrew Thompson Chino blazer.

Comment

We're talking about the blazer from today's post, I assume?

http://dappered.com/2012/02/one-stor...outfit-target/

Comment

Jumping on the bandwagon here with the Merona blazer.

How does this small fit?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/837/blazery.jpg/

Comment

The same one Nicholas.

Comment

Went to Target and tried that blazer on today as well. Didn't take a picture. The large fit me pretty well, was possibly even a little too trim around the waist. I usually wear a 44R for reference. Will probably buy it eventually (probably the khaki, though I could use a new navy blazer as well...think I'd prefer to go wool for that) and the only tailoring I'll need is to get the sleeves just right.

Comment

@ JeffN - That fits you well except that the sleeves are a bit long. Should be an easy job for a tailor if you decide to buy it.

Ben

Comment

Thanks Ben. I decided to get it. I'm not sure why a small didn't fit you. My chest size is 37 and I wear a 36R too. The fit was a little snug, but it looked a lot better than the med

Comment

Oh whoa. Target card is getting swiped.

Comment

purchased the blazer today. Will need slight tailoring, shorten sleeves, and thin out the sleeve arms. Possibly take in a bit around the chest. I'm happy with it though.

Comment

Mine was $44.99. Anyone else run into that? I was expecting $35.

Comment

$44.99 is the price at my Target, I think these are fairly new so they won't go on sale just yet. A decent price for what you are getting imo. I would have bought the navy one but I own a similar and better cut version from J.Crew.

Comment

Working...
                              X