Shirt and Tie layering site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shirt and Tie layering site?

Is there a place where I can put in all of my wardrobe styles and colors and it will layer them for me? For instance can i wear a dotted tie with a striped shirt? or is that too busy? both are blue though the tie is navy and the shirt is more of a sky with slim white stripes.

Without seeing the specific shirt and tie, I'm inclined to say that combo works. The key is to have contrast. You want to have contrast in pattern, color, and (sometimes) texture. Dots and strips have contrast of pattern. Navy and sky blue have contrast of color. As long as the colors don't clash (and I doubt they do), go for it.

I don't know of any such site like the one you're describing, though.

Comment

it is essentially this shirt in the lightest blue:

http://www.calvinklein.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11051842

and this tie:

http://www.indochino.com/product/Spot-On-Navy-Tie

Comment

I think that should be fine. Put them together and see how they look. If you're not sure, post a pic.

Comment

Side note: I really like that tie.

Comment

I got that very tie as a freebie with my Indochino suit. And a pair of silver cuff links.

Comment

I don't know of a great site for doing this, but for basic matching, you could check out thetiebar.com which has a little matching tool when you click on many of their ties that lets you see how it would look with 8 different colors of shirt and 6 suits (also can see pinstripes on each suit as an option). No stripes on the shirts, though.

Comment

fyi alan that got that tie for 18$ during their accessories sale.

Comment

Working...
                X