No announcement yet.

Valentine's Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm... I just read my second to last post. Sounded way worse than what I meant. :-P I meant it more from a romantic's perspective than a cad's.

Comment

The masseuse got rescheduled to the 14th (bonus) because my wife booked another surprise business trip. Oh joy. Anyways, it's $60 for the first hour and $50 for additional hours. So, $110 for an hour each.

Comment

Alan, don't post pics of your man-gerie!

Comment

God, you guys give me a lot of opportunities to reference 30 Rock:

Liz Lemon explaining why she asked Jon Hamm out for their first date to be on Valentine's Day after many awkward minutes on the date had passed: http://www.hark.com/clips/xppmnvzqdf...in-the-hallway

Comment

If you're dating (even just one or two dates) I'd ask. I went on one date with the girl I was dating around this time last year and it was right before V day, so I asked if she wanted to go out and do something for the holiday. I didn't go crazy on gifts or anything (a candy bar and a fun bag of chocolates is all I handed over) but it was fun.

Three girlfriends later and I'm alone for V-day, so I'll probably just go on a 'date' with one of my single friends.

Edit: And since what's really gonna happen is I'm going to get dinner and some beers with a few guy friends, my outfit is mostly irrelevant. Might dress up a bit.

Comment

@ Nicholas, THAT IS CHEAP!!! It costs me $100 for the massage at the salon.

@ Alan, looks like you let the old player in you eek out... "romantic's perspective", indeed sir, indeed.

Comment

Since I just asked out the new bartender at my local pub, http://tinyurl.com/7rmaa5r

Comment

@pdx_nate Well, it's original.

Comment

Cannon- I can't say it's my first choice ( or the next hundred), but she insisted.

Comment

CJJ - That's exactly what I thought. It's the 3rd time I've scheduled it thanks to her many surprise business trips...I felt like such a schmuck calling again today to move the appointment.

I got referred to her by a friend who books an appointment with her every month.

Comment

I've got a B&B planned for me and the lady the weekend after Valentine's Day. It's definitely going to be a jeans, OCBD, sweater, and desert boots kind of weekend.

Comment

So I talked to my buddy about it last night and he said I'm screwed. It is the worst timing possible. My instinct is to do something, but my very close female friend says I should not do anything, just treat it like any other day. My main reason for thinking this way is because we have passed the point of no return, and I don't want to seem like a dick.

Comment

@jose: You reeeeally don't want to go on this date, do you? :-) What's so bad about dinner?

Comment

"passed the point of no return" = if you're married to her or have a bun in the oven, agreed that you're screwed.

Comment

Lol. Well not quite to that point. I don't really mind the date. Just that I don't wanna eff it up--do too much or too little, send the wrong signals, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X