Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuxedo Help

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to get your 2 cents quickly...I'm looking for a slim fit Tuxedo, preferably under $500 (1 button, peak/shawl). I found this CT option, what do you all think?

http://www.ctshirts.com/Slim-fit-sha...|||||||&page=2

Any other suggestions?

Thanks a bunch,

Taylor

Self-faced lapels? That's not a tuxedo. That's a lounge suit with shawl lapels.

I honestly don't know where to shop for a dinner jacket. Not much call for them as a college student. You need to make sure you're getting the genuine article. No notch lapels, make sure you get silk or grosgrain facing on the lapels and along the sides of the pants, and for the love of god, no belt loops.
    Last edited by Aaron P.; September 16, 2014, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Charles Tyrwhitt's classic fit tuxedo jacket is slim fitting. It also looks a lot better than that strange shawl collar.

Comment

Thanks guys, I thought something looked a little weird on that one.

Any other brands you prefer?

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
          Charles Tyrwhitt's classic fit tuxedo jacket is slim fitting. It also looks a lot better than that strange shawl collar.
          My Shawl tux gang is going to be kicking in your door.

Comment

[MENTION=3050]shad0w4life[/MENTION] Peaks, or go home.
            [MENTION=12653]poisonsu[/MENTION] You might be able to get away with a cheaper material if you're not going to be wearing this thing on a regular basis. One of the funny things about semi-formal and formal wear compared to a business suit is that you can actually stand to skimp on the materials. There's simply not enough wear and tear on it to cause an issue for the average man.

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
              My Shawl tux gang is going to be kicking in your door.
              I'm fine with shawl collars if they look decent, but Charles Tyrwhitt's looks really funky. It's less of a shawl and more of a slab.

Comment

duly noted... no Tyrwhitt.

Haven't been able to find any other half decent brands though that aren't the wrong style or really boxy...

Comment

I recently ordered & received a custom tux from Dragon Inside, and I'm quite happy with the way it came out: http://www.dragoninside.com/product/...n-italian-wool

I went with peak lapels, but they have a shawl option.

Comment

I'm think it all comes down to the longevity factor. How great a lifespan do you want? Is this a special occasion for which you want to treat yourself? I seldom have occasion to wear a tux but occasionally wish I had one. On a recent (2 weeks ago) browsing expedition I hit the clearance racks at JCP. I picked up a full skin fit JF tux for $45. Yes you read that right. It looks great and is totally disposable, shawl collar and all. To top it off Macy's shoe clearance had a pair of patent lace ups (CK) in my size which I grabbed for $37 all in. I guess what I'm saying is if you have inclination, time and patience hit the department stores.

Comment

Working...
                    X