Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever shopped at a Land's End Canvas at Sears store?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever shopped at a Land's End Canvas at Sears store?

I'm going to be in a town that has one and wondered whether it's worth checking out and what to expect. Like, do they carry just a selection of LEC stuff or the whole deal?

thanks!

From what I've seen, prices are considerably higher at the b&m store.

Stick to online + coupons (at least 30% off + free shipping). It can dip to as much as 40% off.

Comment

Okay, but I just wanted to try on a few things and get some sense of the sizing for me and, yeah, then i'll wait for the sales online.... good point, though.

Comment

I guess it would be nice to try stuff on, but I hate Sears with a passion. Almost enough to make me avoid all their affiliated businesses (but I like LEC jeans...)

Comment

As someone else mentioned, I would really only ever go just to look at the products and try them on.

Its much cheaper to order online.

Comment

i cant agree to the cheaper comment, as i everytime i go to the local b&m LEC, i find a bunch of products that are priced below sale price. If i see something online and its cheaper than in store, i will request the online price, and i have never been turned down. and i shop there alot

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
            I>0<I

Comment

I've never tried requesting the online price. That's certainly worth a shot. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

I do not believe the clerk at the LEC store will write you a handwritten thank you note for shopping there. Keep that in mind.

Also, it reminds you how weird some Sears clothes are. While I've bought some great LEC shirts and shorts, seeing the jeans in person convinced me that I'm not going there for my denim needs. They did have some killer deals on trenchcoats if all you're looking for is something long to keep the rain/snow off. At any rate, take everyone's advice and shop online for LEC.

Comment

I love mine but still order a lot online as well. If you order online while in the store its always free shipping. Just to name a few deals I got recently at my LEC sears store are as follows. Green/black wool tie $8, canvas sneakers (kinda similar to jack purcells) $4.99, white with grey strip OCBD $11. All shorts were $10 off last time I was there so I got a pair of the slim fit yellow shorts for $25.

Comment

Totally disagree that LEC is cheaper online. I recently picked up a pair of jeans in-store for $15.99 that $23.99 online.

Comment

Chris R, when did you get the Purcell look-alikes? Can you attach a link to the pics...

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                      I>0<I

Comment

Working...
                      X