Looking for walking shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks so much, all.

I plan to track some of your suggestions down and try 'em on for feel and fit.

(I'm really liking those penny loafer Sperrys, Alan- they're a less "dockside" version of what I have. I didn't know Sperry made them like that.)

Comment

yeah, I don't typically think of "support" when I think of penny loafers, but those Sperry's might just work.

Here's somethnig else I stumbled across:

http://www.cladmen.com/on-sale/footwear/air-stanton-cap-oxford.html

Again, the usual disclaimer that Cole Haans are personally too narrow for my feet.

Comment

Just saw those Bass longwings in person (the Barret) and they're pretty nice. Flexible sole, lightweight. Felt pretty good on the feet. And the price at Belk is great: $40.

Those Cole Haans that you just posted are giving me pause though...they're likely a better made shoe...

Comment

LOL Sorry. Sometimes havnig too many options just makes things harder...

Yeah, I would expect the Cole Haans to be more substantial, but suede longwings aren't something you see everyday (and the price is pretty fantastic). Assuming that whatever you buy survives the honeymoon, which one would you rather continue to wear? I think that's the real question.

Comment

The pebbled leather of the Cole Haan Air Stantons reminds me of a football (in a good way), and I just plain like the look of casual balmorals. The tread underneath does not extend all the way to the edge of the sole, leaving a slimmer side profile (a plus).

If I were in your shoes (no pun intended), I know which one I would pick. But that's the beauty of freedom of choice. There's no wrong answer here (unless some of these shoes just suck more than we realize).

Comment

"Assuming that whatever you buy survives the honeymoon, which one would you rather continue to wear? I think that's the real question." -- Alan

Hahahah...

...both?

For serious, though, probably the suede longwings. Good point, Alan.

Comment

TADA! And with the money you save, you can have one more fancy dinner. :-)

Comment

Working...
                X