Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waiting in line at the barber shop can be dangerous...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting in line at the barber shop can be dangerous...

... when your barber shop is located inside Cullwell & Son menswear store in University Park, TX. I'm here now, and its hard not to wander.

I wandered over to the shoe section. Saw some nice Alden cap toes, but they're way too rich for my blood at full price ($495). And they're not nearly as nice to me as some the Peals at Brooks Brothers for the same price.

Comment

I'm bored. Been waiting for an hour now. Note to self: make an appointment next time... :-P

Comment

I know barbershops are kind of a "thing" these days but recently I've been going to an ordinary salon. The place I go to gives you a nice head massage integrated into the shampoo/conditioning, too - combined with the hot water and hairdryer, I was having trouble keeping my eyes open the last time I was there. Plus the only stuff there to buy is random women's hair products, which don't tempt me much. B-)

Ben

Comment

@BenR, get outta my head man. Agree completely. Plus, the salons are full of women, never a bad thing. It's a bit of a random place, but a good spot to strike up conversation.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

...if the line is OVER A PIT OF LAVA!!

Oh...thought this was a fill-in-the-blank.

Comment

@BenR Mmmm. The scalp massages. Yeah, I go to a salon at the Mall. Full of funny women who make a fuss over their male clients. I enjoy it.

Comment

I split my own wig. Zero buzz every 5 days. And yes I have a full set of hair, I've used this haircut since I was a kid. The older I get, the better it looks.

I blend it in with my facial hair.

I've never been to a parlor or salon to get my wig Split, but I hear salons r full of beautiful women.

Comment

I've been going to a barber (one of the old school, small storefront Italian types that you'd see in mob movies) since 2000. Once I shaved my head in 2005 it became an every other week visit. I realize I could do it myself, but between the guy becoming a friend through the years and hearing the "war stories" of all the old Italians that go see him, it's worth the $10.

Comment

Working...
                  X