Return or keep? Mark on new blazer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Return or keep? Mark on new blazer

Hey guys, I bought a new Gray blazer and didn't notice this mark until I got home. I know, "if it bothers you just exchange it" right? Well one of my new life goals is to learn to stop being so OCD about things so I just wanted your guys opinion whether this mark is something that really should be exchanged or not:

If its easy to get back to the store, look at the other jackets and see if the mark is there - suggesting its simply an issue with the fabric thread weave. If its not, then yes, exchange it.

If it is common to all other jackets, then I'd just keep it. Doubt anyone will be staring at your shoulder that long to notice it. FWIW, I kind of see a similar 0.5 cm horizontal white "mark" on the lapels in pic 1, so I think it is something inherent in the weave.

Comment

Lol alright Weng, so you think it's too noticeable too huh? I'm not just being too crazy here!

Comment

I returned some pants from Bonobos for the same thing, an imperfection in the material. Others probably wont notice it but if you are like me its like there is a spotlight on that little blemish.

I agree with Weng if you can return it, DO IT! Otherwise this might become one of those items buried in the closet just because of a blemish.

Comment

Honestly though, I had to stare at the pic for 10-15 sec to convince myself it was a defect.

What's your hassle/perfect blazer expectation price point? If its a hassle to get back to the store and it cost <$100, then I'd keep it. A sportcoat >$100 is my personal pricepoint for expecting a pretty flawless jacket, materials wise. Because J.Crew Ludlow/Thompson sportcoats can be had for around that price point on sale.

Comment

Personally I don't think it's such a big deal, but if it bothers you I think you should try and get an exchange. I actually had to stare at the photos a long time before I figured out what you were even talking about.

I'm one of those weirdos who tends to think that minor imperfections give a garment more character... but of course, it depends on the garment.

Ben

Comment

BenR and I are the lumberjacks of this site, so it seems fitting that I would agree.

Comment

I still never saw it until someone else mentioned the weave.

Comment

That's just a normal part of woven fabrics IMO. It's a rough weave, not a worsted wool. That's just how they are.

Comment

Working...
                  X