Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I find cheap loafer socks?

Where can I find cheap loafer socks? Something like these:

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/accessories/socks/PRDOVR~43017/43017.jsp?TCode=GGBS00002

... except for half that price. Preferably from a place I can just walk into. I don't want to pay shipping fees for somethnig that's otherwise so cheap. Also, the color doesn't really matter since I don't expect them to be seen.

Did you read Barron's post this week and get inspired like I did? =)

http://www.effortlessgent.com/quick-...-those-ankles/

Comment

LOL no, I didn't even know that post existed. I just have a pair of boat shoes and I sweat a lot. :-P

Comment

Did you see that that's a 2-pack? There ya go, 1/2 the price

Comment

LOL, yeah I saw... I'm just really cheap about the stuff that nobody is going to see.

Comment

http://m.journeys.com/listing.aspx?cid=854,869

These are ok. Got a bunch in black, 5 for $10. Some pairs stay on better than others, no idea why...but on some the heel wants to slip off. They are what I use.

Comment

@Weng: Now that's the kind of pricing I'm talking about. :-) Heck, I could even spring for the patterns for $2 more at those prices (even though I'll be the only person who EVER sees them). They don't seem to carry them in stores, though. I wonder what the shipping price is. I'll look into it.

BTW, what's your size? I'm a 12 so if you're an 8 and they're slipping off for you, they'll be a definite no-go for me.

Comment

Alan, I have those same socks from Journeys. I found them in-store, at a store that the website said was out of stock.

Comment

9. Some are fine....prob worth the try.

Comment

Believe I picked up mine from Journey's too.

Comment

That settles it. I'll have to check 'em out at Journeys. Thanks everybody.

Comment

Kind of on the topic of socks, but what socks can I wear with boat shoes during the winter?

Comment

Sandals & boat shoes = no socks.

If it feels weird, can try sprinkling some deodorizing powder in there.

Comment

Well, that's what loafer socks are for... to be wearing socks without them being seen

Comment

Try no show socks from Vans. Sounds crazy, but they are the best. They're. Cut as low as possible but never slip off ur foot.

Hell there made for Vans shoes which have a much lower profile than anything we wear.

Comment

Working...
                              X