Lands End Tailored Year Round Suit fit advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lands End Tailored Year Round Suit fit advice

Opinions on the fit, specifically the sleeves. I think they are a tad too short. The pants are pretty baggy on the bottom, but i assume that can be fixed by the tailor.

The suit

The jacket looks okay in the shoulders, but the sleeves are definitely too short. The jacket length looks a little short also. Maybe try going up in length? In this pic, the pant length doesn't look too bad.

Comment

I agree with runner-guy that the sleeves and total length could be a little longer. What's your size? You can actually call Lands End and they can tell you the exact measurements of each size. And now that you have a baseline, you may be able to use the difference to find exactly what you need. I'm afraid that whatever is long enough in the arms might be too long in total length, but that all depends on the cut so you'll have to call and find out.

I also see some bunching around the midsection, but there are a number of things that can be causing it. First, are you standing up straight? Judging by your shoulders and hand position, it looks like you're leaning to your right. Second, try tugging the bottom of the jacket down and see if that clears it up. Third, have the vents been opened up in the back? If they haven't, the jacket may rest on your hips and bunch around the mid-section.

As for the pants, they look fine to me. Pant length is strictly a personal opinion thing, though (unless you look like you're about to go wading). Also, are you wearing a belt in this pic? Putting on a belt would shorten the length a bit, and could put it EXACTLY where you want it. But you don't even have a medium break in those pants so by most counts they're already on the shorter half of average. I'd leave them alone.

Comment

The jacket looks too short for you. The sleeves are too short and the overall length doesn't bring the jacket low enough. The shoulders and chest look good, and the baggy pants can be tailored.

Comment

I agree with the others - the jacket looks too short overall. Does LE offer the same style in a long length? You might want to return for that, if they do.

The jacket is also draping strangely on you - maybe in part because it's too short and I'm assuming you haven't cut the vents open yet.

The pant fit looks a bit odd to me too. Not the length, but the poofiness of the material especially around your left thigh. I'm not sure if it's because they're too big, or you're wearing them a little low-slung, or they just have a strange fit to begin with. If it's just bagginess, then a tailor should be able to narrow them through the legs as long as they fit well in the waist and seat.

Ben

Comment

Yeah I figured that was the case on the jacket, I'll talk to Land's End but I don't think they offer it in long sizes. A shame because other than that I did like it and it was super cheap on sale. I think the pants look a little funky because i had a bunch of stuff in my left pocket, and i forgot to through on a belt for some reason. Thanks a ton for the advice.

Comment

Working...
            X