Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chareth
    replied

The most common type of link is the pin, for which Juan's first link is the tool you want. I have that exact tool myself and it's incredible easy to use.

I don't know what Orients tend to be, but Seiko's cheaper watches tend to use folded links. These links are horrible, evil little things and even pros might have difficulties removing them. My honest opinion is that it's better to just not buy a watch with these bracelets or to plan on swapping to a strap (or a different bracelet if you can find one compatible with your end links).

Another that I've seen are the pin and collar type. These present another difficulty only in so far as losing the collars are very easy to lose, especially if you're not aware that there's more than just a pin in there. Normally, you should also be able to use tools from the Amazon links above to also change these, but some brands like Omega use a pin configuration such that you need an extra long "pushing pin" to get it out.

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied

It's a pretty easy thing to learn to do yourself, and it feels kind of empowering. However if you don't want to do it, I'd recommend finding a watch repairman to do it. Any jewelry store in the mall can get it done for you, but I prefer to get to know my local watch repair guys, especially so that I'm on their radar in case I ever need to have them do some serious work like a full movement service.

Leave a comment:

• jicarv
    replied

Yes. It's also very easy to do yourself with a tool like this:

http://www.amazon.com/SE-Watchband-L...8118282&sr=8-1

or

http://www.amazon.com/SE-Watch-Band-...=pd_sim_misc_2

Leave a comment:

• MattC
    started a topic Removing watch links

Removing watch links

Hey all, I'm considering getting an Orient Mako, but I have incredibly small wrists (just under 6"). Do most of those places in the malls have the ability to take links out? Just wondering before I pull the trigger.

Working...
X