What's up with these AE Sanfords?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's up with these AE Sanfords?

I bought these from ebay last week and it almost looks like the shoes or the caps are crooked, pointing inward. Is that just how they're supposed to be?

<a href="http://i53.tinypic.com/vqky8m.jpg">

Top</a>

<a href="http://i51.tinypic.com/f4qp7p.jpg">

Bottom</a>

I don't actually own a pair, but I'm inclined to say "no". However, I'm not sitting in front of a pair of Sanfords to compare at the moment.

While AE doesn't sell shoes that are functionally damaged, they do sell "factory seconds" (which have cosmetic flaws) at a discount through their outlet stores. This may be one such pair.

Comment

The more I look at them, though, the less sure I am.

Comment

I did a Google image search for these, and didn't see anything that looked like your pair. They definitely look off, I'd guess they were seconds.

Comment

I had to return a pair of Store bought Strands because of this issue (first quality too!). They are not suppose to point inward like that

Comment

Just stand in a "V" whenever you wear them. That'll give the optical illusion that they're straight. ;-)

Comment

The caps certainly appear skewed. I wonder if a refresh from AE would be able to fix the issue.

Comment

@RHS: I'm suspect that is highly unlikely. If it is indeed a flaw, it appears to be a fundamental one. The phone call is free, though. So it never hurts to find out.

Comment

Are they marked as Sanfords? If not, maybe it's a discontinued model? A really, really weird one?

If the angle wasn't noted in your eBay description or pictured, I'd say you have fairly reasonable grounds to force a return, if that's the route you want to go. I'd get in touch with the seller first... maybe they'd be willing to offer a partial discount. Misaligned caps on captoes strikes me as a fairly serious aesthetic problem.

Ben

Comment

@Alan, you're probably right. Never hurts to ask, though. While it may not have been noted in the auction specifically, I think it would be a tough fight if pictures were provided.

Comment

I contacted the seller and he insists that they are first run and that he used them for several years and got "many compliments." I also contacted AE customer service and included the photos. We'll see what they say.

Comment

The bottom pic shows numeric values written in marker on the bottom of the soles. Don't retailers mark factory seconds using a marker or hole punch? Or maybe that was marked to indicate it was a customer return.

Comment

I really love the "many compliments" trope. It's so multipurpose. And what is many, anyways? Two? Three?

Comment

Working...
                          X