Old Navy?? Rly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Navy?? Rly?

My mom got me an old navy v neck merino sweater for Christmas and I initially was skeptical. Decided to give it a go and WOW. I had to size down (got a small instead of the medium that I typically wear in sweaters) and it fits incredibly. Not sure how many are still at stores (couldn't find it online) since we are starting to transition to the Spring season store layouts but this is a great fit. It DOES feel a little thin and could be of questionable durability, but so far I am a huge fan. Is old navy upping their game or did I just happen to find an anomaly (also got a thermal henley from them as well; fits really well too).

Comment

For the past 3 years or so, I've found Old Navy to be terrific.

I have a few merino sweaters from this season. Also stocked up on their cords, tweed pants, v-necks, boxers, etc. Everything fits nicely, is well made and inexpensive.

One of, if not the best, affordable clothing retailers IMO.

Comment

I own a Linen and Tweed blazers from Old Navy, and a few Merino wool sweaters. My only complaint is I am a true small, and most of their products are over sized. However, I was able to shrink the sweaters and they fit really well now. Affordable, merino wool, rugby striped sweaters are had to come by. I spent a total of $40 on three.

With respect to their blazers, I find the the sizes vary greatly from line to line. The tweed blazer I bought fits my shoulders well and the countor was decent, after getting it tailored it fit great. However, I tried buying the Twill blazer this fall, and it was huge. My friend who is a chest size 42' bought the small, and it fit him well.

Comment

Comment

Don't worry, Shawn - I'm laughing!!! That's the first thong I thought of when I saw the title.

Old Navy is terrific. I'm wearing their cords every day. Last winter, I sliced open their cords with an ice skate - glad they were under $20. Had I bought Banana Republic's cords, I would've been out $79. Or I should go skating with chainsaw chaps on.

Comment

I do not think of thongs when I think of Old Navy, for the record.

Old Navy is hit and miss for me... Some things will be great for the price, some things are disappointing despite the price. Much like anywhere I suppose.

Comment

Comment

I got their tweed pants recently, and although they are a wool/poly blend they are my favorite pants right now, and they were $20. I also picked up a great shawl collar cardigan for $15, and a winter vest for $12.

If you get ON at the right time, they are fantastic value. You also have to have a good sense of style because some of the stuff is atrocious.

I have yet to try an Old Navy thong.

Comment

I have a $20 for $40 coupon someone gave me. Went in the other day and honestly didn't find anything that I really wanted. I might buy a few tank tops, but that won't get me to the $40. Target >>> ON imo.

Comment

Since I'm a X-Small, it's kinda hard for me to size down, but at least they have some pants in my size. For the price paid, they are very nice. Actually, I'm wearing my ON slim cords right now.

Comment

There is so much win in this thread.

Comment

I find their stuff to be hit or miss. I've had some great stuff, and some that felt really cheap (and didn't hold up). I don't buy much there any more because I have decided I really need a tall in shirts, and they don't stock much in the stores. Their sizing is all over the place. I've even bought shirts where the same shirt in the same size in two different colors will be off in fit by as much as 2 sizes. Really weird.

The one thing I did get their lately is gym/running clothes. They have a newish active line, and while it is all ugly, it is no uglier than any other work out stuff. A couple weeks ago, it was all half off or better. Seems pretty well made so far.

Comment

When i think of ON, i think Caroline Wozniaki. Rly.

(please onlyshawn, you can do it...)

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X