Filson offers bags in black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filson offers bags in black

Filson now offers their bags in black. Thoughts? How does the black brief compare with the navy in terms of versatility?

Source: http://www.esquire.com/blogs/mens-fa...black-bag-2014

It seems less versatile, to me. I'd choose the navy over that. But I'd choose the green over either.

Comment

Depends on what you mean by versatile. If you're looking for a basic bag that won't stand out, this is as versatile as it gets. Black is an accepted color for bags at the workplace and no one will think twice if carry this with a suit, jeans, etc. If you are looking for a Filson bag because you associate the brand with a certain rugged elegance, than this isn't it. You lose everything with the color and it actually would look out of place if you wardrobe matches that aesthetic.

Comment

Currently own a Filson in navy and I love it. I'd probably choose the navy over the black if given the choice again. That black does seem like a good option if you are wanting a Filson.

Comment

Black makes the bag look "professional," for lack of a better description. Not what I would want from a rugged Filson bag.

Comment

If I had to do everything over again I think I would get the original tan. I have the navy 256 and it looked really nice and professional when it was brand new. After about 3-4 months of daily use, it has began to fade, and the wear doesn't look as good as it does with the other colors. I'd imagine the black being even worse. I still get compliments all the time, but in my eyes, I don't like the progression of wear/fading that the darker colors have.

Comment

Originally posted by movoblast View Post
              If I had to do everything over again I think I would get the original tan. I have the navy 256 and it looked really nice and professional when it was brand new. After about 3-4 months of daily use, it has began to fade, and the wear doesn't look as good as it does with the other colors. I'd imagine the black being even worse. I still get compliments all the time, but in my eyes, I don't like the progression of wear/fading that the darker colors have.
              Good point! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
              X