AE outlet sale Dalton!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AE outlet sale Dalton!

Just a heads up about this sale, I just ordered a pair of Daltons in Walnut for $150 from the outlet store in Freeport. I know I got the last pair in my size (10.5 D) so stock is definitely limited.

There hasn't been anything in an 11D or 11.5D for a while, as far as I know.

Comment

Is it Freeport Maine? Do you the number to call and place an order? Thanks!

Comment

(207) 865-6222 is the number for the Freeport Maine store, but I don't think it matters which outlet you contact, they are all pulling from the same inventory. The boots they found for me were not in the Freeport store, but they ship for free from whichever store has them.

Comment

@pd360, Thanks a bunch for the heads up on this sale! I just ordered a pair and they are shipping them to me for free. I'm super excited to get them.

Comment

Does this mean the Daltons are being discontinued?

Comment

Can we return them to a local AE store if they don't pan out?

Comment

Has anyone gone from cheap shoes to ae daltons and found that they needed to size up? My dress shoe size has always been 10d (rockport, bostonian, and other cheapies), but using AE shoe fit guide (haven't had the time to go to the ae store yet), I am 11 heel to toe and between c and d in width (outside foot falls on the line between w8-w9, not sure if I should go with w8 (C) or w9 (d)).

I've never worn any 11 sized shoes/boots before.

Comment

@mixto, I actually had to size down on AE. My normal size is 10D and I recently ordered a pair of AE Cliftons in 10D and they were .5 too big. I think it all depends on the last that the shoe is built off.

More info here: http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...Id=40000000001

Dalton is built off last 1(511)

Comment

It's definitely all in the last. I have a pair of AE's that could probably use just one more millimeter in a couple toes, but I also tried on a pair of AE golf shoes and they were almost loose. If you have an AE store nearby, you're best off just going in and trying out a shoe in a similar last. Lucky for me, I happen to know I fit a 12D in AE's "1" last s I'd be safe ordering the Daltons over the phone.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll probably got to the store then, seems like all the shoes/boots that I like are either #1 or #5 last, so I'll have to try those. I feel awkward going to a shoe store, getting the help of a knowledgeable associate, trying different pairs (as in different lasts) and not buying anything, but i'm a big deal hunter, so can't see (or afford) paying retail for shoes.

Comment

How does the 1 last compare to the 9 last? Trying to decide if a 10E would fit... I usually wear either a 10E-10.5D

The 10.5D loafers I found are on the 9 last and they seem to fit okay.

Comment

Anybody have both these and the Strand and can compare sizing? Not that I'm going to buy a pair, because I totally have discipline and don't need new boots.

Comment

I can't compare them to other AEs but I feel the Daltons run a bit big. Not quite enough to size down in my case but I would go try them on if you can. I almost sent them back for a smaller size but I wear a lot of wool socks this time of year and they fit well with those on.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I called first thing when they opened this morning, but they were already out of 12D's. Bummer. Oh well. I guess this means I can start saving for those walnut Strands.

Comment

Working...
                              X