X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jvargas
    replied
    Do the Adidas Stan Smith’s have a removable insert in them? I don’t have any experience with them but I have to have different inserts because of a high arch. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Loafer28
    replied
    Originally posted by clockworksynergyrose
    Can you please tell me where I can find a Good quality watch bands that will fit me?
    You wouldn’t happen to work for Clockworksynergy, would you?

Leave a comment:

• Marc99
    replied
    I own a cotton/linen blend from Yoox. Apt. Co I think is how the brand is spelt. It’s a micro puppytooth hunter green and cream jacket that works really well as a three season casual jacket with chinos or cords. Definitely not something to wear while meeting a client or in a boardroom, but perfectly fine to wear to an office setting where suits or even jackets are not the norm.

Leave a comment:

• andrewrg
    replied
    I'm not an expert, but I have a olive colored cotton-linen sport coat and a blue windowpane linen sport coat. The cotton-linen fabric looks a little smoother (read: less wrinkly) than the 100% linen. The blend is maybe a little less formal. I wear the blend jacket to work business casual, with slacks or cotton dress pants, with or without a tie, and it works fine. I wear the windowpane linen jacket in the spring and summer for going out. It's not really business wear. I imagine there would be linen and linen jackets out there that are business wear (because of their color/pattern) but I would wear a lighter/tropical wool suit instead if I were wearing business dress.

Leave a comment:

• blan2819
    replied
    Does anyone have experience with cotton-linen blend sport coats? Wondering what the material is like, what climate or setting is it best suited for (business/business casual etc.).

Leave a comment:

• tankerjohn
    replied
    Originally posted by skylark View Post
    What's your favorite v-neck sweater? I like chunkier Americana-type stuff, if it matters. I also tend to run hot, so something designed for ice deliverymen in the Arctic may be overkill. Am ok spending about $70 per sweater, but of course cheaper is fine too.
    I'm thinking you should look into a v-neck merino sweater vest. You still get the layering effect, like with a full sweater, but its easier to stay temperature regulated. Keeps your core warm, but the merino breathes and a vest allows your body to dissipate heat under your armpits like a rain jacket with armpit zips. Highly recommended.

Leave a comment:

• andrewrg
    replied
    I like the Amazon Goodthreads merino v neck sweaters. They're $40-50 depending on pricing robots. Good quality, though not chunky. But they are nice and warm.

Leave a comment:

• skylark
    replied
    What's your favorite v-neck sweater? I like chunkier Americana-type stuff, if it matters. I also tend to run hot, so something designed for ice deliverymen in the Arctic may be overkill. Am ok spending about $70 per sweater, but of course cheaper is fine too.

Leave a comment:

• Marc99
    replied
    Originally posted by usher93 View Post

actually i am asking what to wear in a uk winter.
    i am in london city.
    In that case I’d recommend a pair of chukkas or Chelsea boots with a rubber sole and have something else to pull duty when the other pair is drying out. It may be worthwhile to also look into adding a waterproofing to the above. You’ll probably spend 80% of your time in the above boots during the winter there.

Bean boots would work (New Englander here) as well but would definitely stand out and announce yourself as a tourist.

You’re going to be dealing with freezing rain, slush, some snow etc. so it’s more about traction and keeping your feet dry than anything else.

Leave a comment:

• usher93
    replied
    Originally posted by Marc99 View Post

I’m not sure I’m following the question entirely. Are you asking what shoes to wear in a UK winter? If yes, will you be in the city or in the countryside? Are you asking if any of the shoes you linked are casual and simultaneously formal? Are you looking for shoes, sneakers, boots?
    actually i am asking what to wear in a uk winter.
    i am in london city.

Leave a comment:

• Tacitus
    replied
    Was hoping for a second opinion on these shoes - I'm a big fan of Asics/Onitsuka Tigers because they fit my feet really well (and I like the look, particularly the low profile), but wanted something in white and a little more on the minimalist side. I'm on the fence because of the soles, which just make the shoes look a lot chunkier than Stan Smiths or other similar designs. Curious what folks think.

Leave a comment:

• Marc99
    replied
    Originally posted by usher93 View Post
    Hey everyone
    so, it will be my first time ever i am going to spend the winters in UK.
    I am excited but with excitement i am quite confused about my shoes for this winter. I have come across few of the shoes can anyone please help me find the best fit and casual as well as formal look?

https://footranger.com/men/hiking-treking-boots.html

https://footranger.com/men/work-safety.html

these two links are cool some shoes have great shoe sole, nice heel cushioning, look rough and tough yet they give awesome look under jeans too.

I appreciate your time for reply. Please help
    I’m not sure I’m following the question entirely. Are you asking what shoes to wear in a UK winter? If yes, will you be in the city or in the countryside? Are you asking if any of the shoes you linked are casual and simultaneously formal? Are you looking for shoes, sneakers, boots?

Leave a comment:

• usher93
    replied
    Hey everyone
    so, it will be my first time ever i am going to spend the winters in UK.
    I am excited but with excitement i am quite confused about my shoes for this winter. I have come across few of the shoes can anyone please help me find the best fit and casual as well as formal look?

https://footranger.com/men/hiking-treking-boots.html

https://footranger.com/men/work-safety.html

these two links are cool some shoes have great shoe sole, nice heel cushioning, look rough and tough yet they give awesome look under jeans too.

I appreciate your time for reply. Please help

Leave a comment:

• Marc99
    replied
    Originally posted by blan2819 View Post
    Anyone have any go-to brands for suits for guys with bigger thighs like myself? Both suitsupply & Spier & Mackay's trousers are too tight in the thighs for me. I did get the thighs let out in my SS suits but I found that it isn't worth the trouble, as it was still never really comfy after alterations, as there's not much extra fabric to work with. Or, it is time for me to try custom/MTM?
    Brooks Brothers when you catch a sale?

Leave a comment:

• blan2819
    replied
    Anyone have any go-to brands for suits for guys with bigger thighs like myself? Both suitsupply & Spier & Mackay's trousers are too tight in the thighs for me. I did get the thighs let out in my SS suits but I found that it isn't worth the trouble, as it was still never really comfy after alterations, as there's not much extra fabric to work with. Or, it is time for me to try custom/MTM?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X