X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ijones027
    replied
    And anybody have experience with Carlos by Carlos Santa Goodyear construction

Leave a comment:

• Ijones027
    replied
    Anybody have a take on jw nordstrom top coat 95 wool 5% cashmere. And what are people's opinion on regular bally's from Switzerland that retail for 500?

Leave a comment:

• nathan miller
    replied
    I"m 6'0 210 with a 46" chest and 36" waist and in reasonable shape. I find the XL slim fit in Bonobos shirts is just right. I like a close not tight fit, and it works well. I hope that's some help. I can put up a pic if you want.

Leave a comment:

• Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by jvargas View Post
    For those who have Bonobos shirts, I am trying to decide between Slim, Tailored, or Regular. I usually buy size small slim for bottom-up shirts but recently with working out and being a father. I have had to move from slim to regular with mostly a problem in the shoulders and the back; a good example would be target or express house brand. What would people try tailored or regular?
    Tailored is their closest fitting cut. If you work out at at it will feel painted on. Their slim is generally a bit slimmer than most brands and their regular fit is closer to a traditional slim cut. I'm pretty thin and fluctuate between slim and regular depending on how I want the shirt to fit. They have measurements of the chest width in their sizing guide. I would measure that against a shirt you already have. Or you can order two different fits and return one after trying on if it's not final sale.

Leave a comment:

• jvargas
    replied
    For those who have Bonobos shirts, I am trying to decide between Slim, Tailored, or Regular. I usually buy size small slim for bottom-up shirts but recently with working out and being a father. I have had to move from slim to regular with mostly a problem in the shoulders and the back; a good example would be target or express house brand. What would people try tailored or regular?

Leave a comment:

• shubhdsoul
    replied
    Hey Folks! Thanks for creating this thread, it will be easier to answer & question.

Can anyone let me know that how I can verify the quality of denims? I always got stuck while buying them. Experts some tips on this please.

Help Needed.

Leave a comment:

• ryanpatrick
    replied
    Sorry for the extremely specific post, but would anyone happen to know anything more about the Target Goodfellow Stretch Lightweight shorts Ryan N. Mentioned in this post?

I’m a bit of a Goodfellow fiend (especially for their shorts) and I’ve swung by two local Targets (upstate NY) and haven’t been able to find any. The website still doesn’t seem to include them either.

Hoping someone might have the lowdown on these (like when we can expect them online/widely available or if in the past Goodfellow has had significant delays for in-store merchandise vs. online).

Appreciate it!

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Good job on the weight loss! I think the outfit looks great. No changes on my end. Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• Loafer28
    replied
    Originally posted by nathan miller View Post
    Hello all,

I recently lost a bunch of weight ( thank you Falun Gong) and decided to try to dress a little better. It hasn't been long since I had an entire wardrobe of old navy and wal-mart, with nothing less than 2-3 years old, and much of it a decade or more old.

I think this outfit works ok, with fit being acceptable and colors going together but what do you guys think about it?

I wonder if the rolled up sleeves are too casual for the tucked-in-with-belt look and if I should maybe try lighter jeans - and otherwise I just don't trust my judgement at this point.

Let me know what you think, and thanks!

Nathan

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1co...YTC09vcnGP8mzT
    Congrats on the weight loss!

Looks good from here. I often do rolled up sleeves and tucked in, but my look is a little more southern Preppy. I agree that lighter jean would look better, but it is almost full summer down here.

Leave a comment:

• nathan miller
    replied
    I could use a second opinion on this casual outfit

Hello all,

I recently lost a bunch of weight ( thank you Falun Gong) and decided to try to dress a little better. It hasn't been long since I had an entire wardrobe of old navy and wal-mart, with nothing less than 2-3 years old, and much of it a decade or more old.

I think this outfit works ok, with fit being acceptable and colors going together but what do you guys think about it?

I wonder if the rolled up sleeves are too casual for the tucked-in-with-belt look and if I should maybe try lighter jeans - and otherwise I just don't trust my judgement at this point.

Let me know what you think, and thanks!

Nathan

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1co...YTC09vcnGP8mzT

Leave a comment:

• mark4
    replied
    Originally posted by Nice_Marmot View Post
    Yeah, I'm going to return it. It sucks because everything else about it is perfect for me except the length. I've got some other options coming in.
    I have a jacket very similar to that, which I got at a J Crew outlet like a decade ago (maybe longer now). What you have is essentially a trucker jacket/field jacket hybrid. It's the length of a trucker jacket with field jacket details - lower patch pockets and olive drab canvass cut to trucker jacket length. I think that's what the designer was going for as the sleeves are the right length for you, just the torso is short compared to a classic field jacket. If you like the look I don't see anything wrong with it, but if you're going for a classic field jacket look it's definitely cropped, as those usually extend below the hips rather than hit at the hips like this does.

Leave a comment:

• Nice_Marmot
    replied
    Yeah, I'm going to return it. It sucks because everything else about it is perfect for me except the length. I've got some other options coming in.

Leave a comment:

• theplayerking
    replied
    The proportions are completely off for a field jacket. Looks more like a bomber with field jacket fabric and detailing, which is rather silly. It should cover most of your crotch, like the sports coat. I'd return it.

Leave a comment:

• Tacitus
    replied
    Looks short to me, but probably depends in part on how tall you are, which isn't entirely evident from the picture.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Originally posted by Nice_Marmot View Post
    Is this jacket too short? I'm trying to decide on keeping it, and the only thing holding me back is I feel like it should be an inch or two longer.

For me, yes. I'd return it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X