X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abh159
    replied
    Originally posted by Tacitus View Post
    Decided to take advantage of the BR sale and snagged loafers in two different colors for ~$60 each. I know BR shoe quality isn't amazing, but I've never actually suede loafers before, so thought it made sense to buy a cheaper pair and see if I actually wear them before going in on a more expensive brand. Just wondering how folks think they look (my slightly ratty jeans and socks notwithstanding):

Maybe it's just the angle of the photo or the way the sock/jeans combo almost looks like sweatpants, but to me the stitching right down the center of the toe makes them look more like slippers than loafers. I don't remember ever seeing loafers that had the seam like that. I would probably end up returning them for that reason, but that's just my opinion and personal taste.

Leave a comment:

• nandrew123
    replied
    Hi All! I saw a new logo today and hoping you can help me identify it. I didn’t take a photo, and kicking myself for not being that creepy guy. Logo was a stitched outline of a tractor above the back right pocket on some nice wool dress trousers. Anyone know what brand/designer this is??

thanks! stay safe & be well.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Looks like a pretty good purchase. And i like the idea of buying a cheaper pair of shoes to see if you like the style or not. I have been kicking around the idea of wearing loafers for a while now. The idea to use/start with an affordable pair is a good one. Maybe with Black Friday sales around the corner I'll see what I can find, sales wise.

Leave a comment:

• Tacitus
    replied
    Decided to take advantage of the BR sale and snagged loafers in two different colors for ~$60 each. I know BR shoe quality isn't amazing, but I've never actually suede loafers before, so thought it made sense to buy a cheaper pair and see if I actually wear them before going in on a more expensive brand. Just wondering how folks think they look (my slightly ratty jeans and socks notwithstanding):

Leave a comment:

• Shade
    replied
    Originally posted by mmgfarb View Post

That looks great, thanks! Any cheaper bracelets that you'd recommend as well?
    YW! That's the only one I have experience with, but I know some of the watch guys on here have tried a lot of different types. Hopefully they cant help you out!

Leave a comment:

• mmgfarb
    replied
    Originally posted by Shade View Post
    That looks great, thanks! Any cheaper bracelets that you'd recommend as well?

Leave a comment:

• Shade
    replied
    Originally posted by mmgfarb View Post
    Hey everyone, so it's been around 2 years since I've posted....which makes me kinda out of touch with exactly how things are running around here these days. I didn't want to start a new thread for this off the bat so I figured I'd post here first. I'm looking for a 22 MM metal bracelet for my Seiko 5 Sport to replace the cheap nato it came with. I was hoping some of the watch guys around here could help me out with some recommendations.
    The perfect metal bracelet.

https://www.amazon.com/22mm-Engineer.../dp/B0084C2HJI

Leave a comment:

• mmgfarb
    replied
    Hey everyone, so it's been around 2 years since I've posted....which makes me kinda out of touch with exactly how things are running around here these days. I didn't want to start a new thread for this off the bat so I figured I'd post here first. I'm looking for a 22 MM metal bracelet for my Seiko 5 Sport to replace the cheap nato it came with. I was hoping some of the watch guys around here could help me out with some recommendations.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    I have no experience with Duty Free Island. That said, I did a google search for Duty Free Island over on WatchUSeek and found several threads talking about the website. The owner of the website also has an account over on WuS. I don't know if the owner is actively checking the account over there, but you can always try reaching and seeing what they have to say. Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• SwiftToole
    replied
    Anyone here ever buy a watch from Duty Free Island? Was it a good experience? I searched the forums and did not see a lot of discussion of this seller. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by jvargas View Post
    Any one done a Bonobos Guideshop? I just realized I am close to one. Want to try it for their pant, shirt, and shorts. Wondering if I need a 30min appointment or a hour appointment?
    No appointment required. Just drop in, figure out your size and they'll place your order if you decide to buy anything that day.

Edit: At least that was the case pre-COVID. I don't know if they've changed their policy. Might want to give them a call to confirm.
    Last edited by Geo; September 3, 2020, 05:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jvargas
    replied
    Any one done a Bonobos Guideshop? I just realized I am close to one. Want to try it for their pant, shirt, and shorts. Wondering if I need a 30min appointment or a hour appointment?

Leave a comment:

• Ijones027
    replied
    And anybody have experience with Carlos by Carlos Santa Goodyear construction

Leave a comment:

• Ijones027
    replied
    Anybody have a take on jw nordstrom top coat 95 wool 5% cashmere. And what are people's opinion on regular bally's from Switzerland that retail for 500?

Leave a comment:

• nathan miller
    replied
    I"m 6'0 210 with a 46" chest and 36" waist and in reasonable shape. I find the XL slim fit in Bonobos shirts is just right. I like a close not tight fit, and it works well. I hope that's some help. I can put up a pic if you want.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X