Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=6917]dackman[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION], have you guys considered looking on Yoox? They carry a lot of Italian brands, which are more apt to have patch pockets, and there are a lot of summer blends on there right now (in addition to a 20% code). In addition, it's not hard to find makers that are frankly much nicer than J. Crew or LE, sometimes for comparable prices. Sizing can be something of a crapshoot, but the return policy is pretty fair.

As an aside, I got an unstructured Cantarelli navy wool blazer there a few weeks back that I rather stupidly took the tags off before realizing that it's too a bit too small for me that I'll probably try to flip here soon. I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION], but it's probably about your size, and it wears very lightly - definitely a spring/summer jacket.

Comment

I was looking at this a while back too. Is it just me or does the jacket look better on the ground in the article then on the LE model. I guess this is what stopped me. As a piece of clothing it looks good, but can I pull it off. I get irritated when I'm digging a shoe but there's zero photos of someone wearing them.

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
      I honestly would go with the LE over the JC. Crew's jackets are looking too lounge-y to me these days. The button stance is too low and the lapels too narrow. I like the traditional look of the LE, and in fact, I'm adding the LE shitake jacket (at least, maybe also pants) to my lust list.

Comment

[MENTION=10981]Siepi[/MENTION], I've glanced at Yoox a couple times, but have never done a very in-depth search. I'll have to investigate further this weekend. Thanks for the recommendation.

Comment

Originally posted by Siepi View Post
          As an aside, I got an unstructured Cantarelli navy wool blazer there a few weeks back that I rather stupidly took the tags off before realizing that it's too a bit too small for me that I'll probably try to flip here soon. I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION], but it's probably about your size, and it wears very lightly - definitely a spring/summer jacket.
          Interesting. I'll check out Yoox too. Im not necessarily looking for a summer/spring blazer but just another blazer to be in the usual rotation. I have a few that get regular wear and the rest are kind of 'fun' or casual (and usually quite cheap). Can you send me a link to the one you mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
            I feel like this gets mentioned so often that it's not really that valuable to say here, but Nordstrom Rack frequently has AE belts on sale. If you live near a Nordstrom Rack, that would be a place to check before you go shelling out full MSRP.
            Are their belts veg tanned leather, or some faux pleather variety?

Comment

I hear ya. I wish I could see this in real life. That's what's stopping me, too. I love how it looks in the PTO article, but it's hard to tell in the model shots what's real.

Lands' End is a problematic shopping experience, too, or at least it has been for me. The return process was very long for a couple of shirts I sent back. I didn't get a credit to my debit card until 2.5 weeks after I sent the package back. Plus they charge for the return, so if you pay for shipping and then the return, you lose out. If you don't pay the $5 for the 2-day shipping, it takes more than a week to get the stuff. Hard to believe they're so slow when the whole rest of the commerce world seems so speedy these days.

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
              I was looking at this a while back too. Is it just me or does the jacket look better on the ground in the article then on the LE model. I guess this is what stopped me. As a piece of clothing it looks good, but can I pull it off. I get irritated when I'm digging a shoe but there's zero photos of someone wearing them.

Comment

[MENTION=6917]dackman[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION], I'd strongly suggesting using Aliotsy's pre-made search to funnel through the crap (and there is a lot of crap). I'd add the various LBM lines, Brando, and a few others to your search criteria as well.

Comment

I would like to get a pair of medium or light gray 3 season flannel trousers. The only option I am finding is from Howard Yount at close to $200. EBay is also pretty dry on anything but charcoal. Any other and cheaper options?

Comment

[MENTION=12115]doomx[/MENTION], J. Crew has their Classic Fit wool Bowery's in medium gray on sale for around $75, most sizes available. I have that exact pair and they've easily become my favorite work pants.

Comment

[MENTION=12115]doomx[/MENTION], Howard Yount pants are great. I have a pair in light grey that I wear all the time. I also have some from J Crew as well that are solid as well.

Comment

Not a question but an answer. Yes I bought the sage Barbour Bedale.

Comment

Shot in the dark but anyone know who makes this jacket?

Comment

My mad google skillz indicate it may have been made by a brand called Supreme New York.
                            Ben

Comment

What penny loafer should I buy for both work and social occasions. I work in business causal wearing Chinos for a large majority of the days, occasionally dress slacks, and also want to be able to wear loafer with jeans and khaki shorts on weekend. Looking for sub-200 price point. What would you guys recommend for a versatile loafer style and color at sub 200?

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheRise View Post
                                What penny loafer should I buy for both work and social occasions. I work in business causal wearing Chinos for a large majority of the days, occasionally dress slacks, and also want to be able to wear loafer with jeans and khaki shorts on weekend. Looking for sub-200 price point. What would you guys recommend for a versatile loafer style and color at sub 200?
                                Check out the AE tent sale. I think the Randolphs are marked down to $199. Pretty classic looking loafers. Or try some bass weejuns for a cheaper option.

NEW QUESTION:

Do any of you actually use the shoe bags your shoes came in?

Comment

Working...
                                X