Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boots at Shoebank also tend to stay at higher prices. Color also makes a difference. Some of the less standard colors will come down in price sooner and further than black or brown. For example, the Dundee 2.0 in navy suede is much less expensive on Shoebank than any other color in that model.

Comment

• Thanks [MENTION=14773]Token[/MENTION] and [MENTION=15577]Rawfull[/MENTION]. I am looking at purchasing a non-cordovan pair of McAllisters or maybe a pair of Strands. I'm not in a HUGE rush, but would like to get my purchasing done. Although if there is an AE sale coming up (for example a regular annual/bi-annual sale) and the price will drop significantly, I could wait a month or so.

Comment

• Does anyone know of any brick and mortar stores in the US (near Philadelphia specifically) that carry Loake? I am interested in getting a pair of Kemptons, but I want to nail down the fit before ordering.

Comment

• I bit the bullet and ordered my Kempton's from East Dane. Not B&M, but free 3 day shipping and free returns. Their website says the returns must be received within 30 days, but I swear on my invoice it said returns must be received within 15 days. Either way, still free returns.

Comment

• Knowing that linen suits wrinkle, does this mean that if I buy/wear a linen suit I need to get a steamer and steam the suit after each use?

Or can I just embrace the wrinkles and let it go?

Comment

• Originally posted by DocDave View Post
              Knowing that linen suits wrinkle, does this mean that if I buy/wear a linen suit I need to get a steamer and steam the suit after each use?

Or can I just embrace the wrinkles and let it go?
              It depends on context and the quality of the fabric. All linen wrinkles, but higher quality linen wrinkles in a more elegant way and relaxes (somewhat) after wearing. I have an expensive pair of Jort linen trousers that I can wear once a week with no maintenance. The problem areas are the crotch and the back of the knees, which can look a mess after sitting for any period of time. If I'm going to a formal event, like a summer wedding, I will have my suit pressed.

You will have to experiment with your suit to see if the wrinkles are aesthetic or just sloppy, and adjust accordingly.

Also, I've never tried steaming a linen suit, but I suspect it would have to be a very powerful steamer to have much effect. Linen needs a lot of heat and you may be better off with an iron.

Comment

• Originally posted by theplayerking View Post
                Also, I've never tried steaming a linen suit, but I suspect it would have to be a very powerful steamer to have much effect. Linen needs a lot of heat and you may be better off with an iron.
                Yup- a handheld steamer didn't do much for my linen jackets. You also have to be careful that you don't blow a seam or damage sections the fabric when using steam. I gave up trying and trust my cleaners every so often to take care of things.

Comment

• Thanks [MENTION=14298]theplayerking[/MENTION] The suit is a linen suit from SuSu, so I'm not sure what the quality of linen will be. I like the look of the suit on me, so I guess I'll keep it (I had been thinking about returning the suit pending the wrinkles) and just learn to live with whatever wrinkles come to bear. I sit all day at a desk though, so per your note I'm guessing I'll get a lot of wriknles in the crotch and back of knees.

Comment

• I don't recall ever seeing a tuxedo breast pocket with satin at the opening as pictured here, is this normal or an attempt to be different while remaining within the confines of Black Tie etiquette?

https://theblacktux.com/collection/t...-collar-tuxedo

Comment

• I think i have seen it a few times before on prom/wedding rental tuxes, but it is definitely not normal on your classic tux. I believe it is an attempt to differentiate their product from other similar tuxedos. Personally I am not a fan of the look and a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to my black tie attire and would stay far away from a tux with this type accent.

Comment

• I'm not a fan either, I suppose there's a reason I haven't seen it before. Thank you!

Comment

• Does anyone know of a watch similar to the Seiko SNDF89P1 mentioned in this post? It seems to be out-of-production, so rather expensive now.

There's also the Fossil Wakefield CH2951, but that seems to be sold out everywhere as well.

I'm looking for something with a similar colorway (blue, orange, white/cream) and ideally at least 100m of water resistance.

Comment

• What should I wear with my red down vest?

Comment

• A delorean.

Comment

• Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                                A delorean.
                                I should've expected an answer like this to be honest haha Kind of hoping for a more sensible answer though
                                Last edited by eeewalker; March 16th, 2017, 06:27 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                                X