Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone here purchased from the Todd Snyder + Timex watch line? I currently have a Form Function Form Button Stud Weekender, but notice an annoying ticking sound coming from it. I don't know if this is standard on most Timex watches, or if it was just on the Weekender.I would hope the the Todd Snyder Timex is a nicer watch for the 158 price, but was just curious

Comment

• Timex is notorious for it's loud tick http://lmgtfy.com/?q=timex+loud+ticking

Comment

• Re: the Timex loud tick. Seems to be particular to the Weekender. I've had a number of other Timex watches, none of which have been as loud as my weekender. My ~10yo chrono in particular is very quiet. I doubt they've done a major overhaul on a mechanism that has worked just fine for more than a decade, so I'd guess the current chrono is just as quiet.

Comment

• Anyone know when the SuSu spring 2017 collection will be released? Or is it out already?

Comment

• Originally posted by DocDave View Post
            Anyone know when the SuSu spring 2017 collection will be released? Or is it out already?
            Their suit/outerwear/etc pages are still showing Spring/Summer at the bottom, plus there's been no new creepy ad campaign, so I'm pretty sure it hasn't been released yet. No idea when it will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by DocDave View Post
              Anyone know when the SuSu spring 2017 collection will be released? Or is it out already?
              talked to a sales associate and he said sometime in feb

Comment

• Thanks!

Comment

• Thoughts on wearing a polo with a beefy cardigan? Seems to me like a good way to control temperature somewhat, but I'm not sure if it's too much of a winter/summer combination.
                  Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terminado View Post
                    Thoughts on wearing a polo with a beefy cardigan? Seems to me like a good way to control temperature somewhat, but I'm not sure if it's too much of a winter/summer combination.
                    As long as its a cotton or wool polo (not one of those shiny, made for golf or a day on the boat, performance fabric ones) and as long as it's not in a color that screams spring/summer, I don't see a problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terminado View Post
                      Thoughts on wearing a polo with a beefy cardigan? Seems to me like a good way to control temperature somewhat, but I'm not sure if it's too much of a winter/summer combination.
                      It would be better if it were a long sleeve polo with a proper collar. However that's a lot knit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by theplayerking View Post
                        It would be better if it were a long sleeve polo with a proper collar. However that's a lot knit.

Actually, since this may change things: for context, the polo I did this with today was of the UNIQLO button-down variety (so proper collar), and made of their dry fabric, which is a little more rigid than pique or something of the sort.
                        Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

• Originally posted by theplayerking View Post

why would it be better if it were long sleeve? who would know unless you took the sweater off? Myabe a polo sleeve would show a bump? I dont know. I dont really wear them. But I do wear short sleeve button ups under sweaters occasionally. It lets me do the layered look with the color but not be super hot when I go indoors. Yeah, I could wear a lighter sweater and long sleeve shirt but maybe I just really want to wear that chunky sweater. But really, I use a cardigan like a very casual blazer almost, so it works. I run warmer than everyone in my family. On road trips in the cool months, this is my normal. short sleeve int he car, toss the cardigan on for bathroom breaks.

Comment

• re: dive watches, what's the story with a) wavy dials and b) two-tone bezels (red/black, red/blue, etc)? Do these make the watch more casual? Not necessarily? Seems like it would be less versatile than the typical black dive watch? Thanks.

Wavy:

Two tone red/black:

Two tone red/blue:

Wavy and two tone:

Comment

• two tone does feel more casual to me as well. The wave depends on the execution.

this still looks plenty classy to me

Comment

• Originally posted by Northerner View Post
                                re: dive watches, what's the story with a) wavy dials and b) two-tone bezels (red/black, red/blue, etc)? Do these make the watch more casual? Not necessarily? Seems like it would be less versatile than the typical black dive watch? Thanks.

Wavy:

[/IMG]
                                Yes, adding these things make the watch more casual. Just like with any other article of clothing or accessory the most simple and straight forward version in a neutral color is actually the most formal, for example the most formal pocket square is a white one, when you start adding color and patterns they become more causal.

It may make the watch less versatile depending on what you wear on a daily basis or how formal of a situation you plan on wearing the watch in. While most guys have no problem wearing a nice diver in a variety of settings, they are not really technically dress watches and I personally would avoid wearing one with a suit in all but the most causal situations (linen or cotton suit outside a business environment maybe)....so given that I am not trying to dress my divers up too much, i have no problem with them having a bit of character/color. If i was going to try and do the diver with a suit thing I would definitely opt for a classic black and silver toned one on a leather strap......and yes I am aware that James Bond wears one with a suit.

Comment

Working...
                                X