Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a quick question, get an answer

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by iviustang50h View Post
    The cuffs on this Charles Tyrwhitt shirt have what appears to be bubbling. Is this something a simple iron job can remove, or does this point to an issue that the shirt is developing? Thanks!

    That's the problem with fused collars and cuffs. It can't be fixed. Return it for a refund or trash the shirt.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    Comment


      Originally posted by iviustang50h View Post
      The cuffs on this Charles Tyrwhitt shirt have what appears to be bubbling. Is this something a simple iron job can remove, or does this point to an issue that the shirt is developing? Thanks!

      Oof. Good luck ironing that out...


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment


        I have never been able to remove bubbling by ironing. It's likely the result of a manufacturing fault where the fusion of the cuffs had gone wrong. If I were you I would take the shirt back to CT and ask for a refund. If you don't live near a CT store then send their customer services an email with this picture. I suspect they will offer a refund or replacement.

        Comment


          Yeah... you can't remove bubbling with ironing, or at all really. Best to try and get a replacement from CT.

          Comment


            Thanks for the feedback everyone - you're all very knowledgeable!

            So is this a byproduct of all fused style cuffs and collars? I thought Charles Tyrwhitt was a decent brand... I will contact them and inquire about an exchange or refund. I've recently purchased three shirts from Spier and Mackay, so I hope this doesn't occur with their shirts as well (I'm not sure if their cuffs are fused). Going forward I will do more research regarding decent shirt manufacturers for the money.

            Thanks again.

            Comment




              Any thoughts of how you would wear this? I am thinking charcoal and navy pants as the easy solution. Apart from that, I am lost.

              Comment


                Charcoal... navy... light grey... brown... olive... taupe....
                Ben

                Comment


                  Originally posted by iviustang50h View Post
                  Thanks for the feedback everyone - you're all very knowledgeable!

                  So is this a byproduct of all fused style cuffs and collars? I thought Charles Tyrwhitt was a decent brand... I will contact them and inquire about an exchange or refund. I've recently purchased three shirts from Spier and Mackay, so I hope this doesn't occur with their shirts as well (I'm not sure if their cuffs are fused). Going forward I will do more research regarding decent shirt manufacturers for the money.

                  Thanks again.
                  Well executed fusing shouldn't do this. I do remember seeing a complaint quite some time ago about an early Spier & Mackay shirt, but I think they have sorted that out and improved. Most off-the-rack S&M shirts will have fused cuffs and collars, although I generally specify unlined and non-fused collars and cuffs when ordering custom shirts from them.

                  Originally posted by doomx View Post


                  Any thoughts of how you would wear this? I am thinking charcoal and navy pants as the easy solution. Apart from that, I am lost.
                  Darker or lighter grey flannel. Navy certainly. I would also consider a deep forest green fine-wale corduroy trouser as long as it's of the dressier variety (meaning creased and not 5-pocket). Maybe dark chocolate brown. I would personally avoid khaki/tan.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                    Charcoal... navy... light grey... brown... olive... taupe....
                    Originally posted by Spex View Post
                    Well executed fusing shouldn't do this. I do remember seeing a complaint quite some time ago about an early Spier & Mackay shirt, but I think they have sorted that out and improved. Most off-the-rack S&M shirts will have fused cuffs and collars, although I generally specify unlined and non-fused collars and cuffs when ordering custom shirts from them.



                    Darker or lighter grey flannel. Navy certainly. I would also consider a deep forest green fine-wale corduroy trouser as long as it's of the dressier variety (meaning creased and not 5-pocket). Maybe dark chocolate brown. I would personally avoid khaki/tan.
                    Thank you for the input. I dont think olive or brown would work that well. I can't put my finger on why not but I am just a bit skeptical. Will see.

                    Comment


                      Anyone get any milliage out of dark blue cords? Saw a pair that fit great but I decided to hold off. I'm not sure if they would provide any versatility/much difference when I already have dark denim and if money would be better spent somewhere else.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by teethtime View Post
                        Anyone get any milliage out of dark blue cords? Saw a pair that fit great but I decided to hold off. I'm not sure if they would provide any versatility/much difference when I already have dark denim and if money would be better spent somewhere else.
                        From personal experience, nope. Currently own 2 pairs, grey pair of 770s from J Crew and a pair of the French corders from Bonobos in mahogany (so comfortable!). I find the grey and mahogany to play better with fall/winter colors. I would rather just wear a pair of dark wash jeans than blue cords at that point. If you're dead set on cords try out a grey or forest green pair?

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                          Yeah... you can't remove bubbling with ironing, or at all really. Best to try and get a replacement from CT.
                          I reached out to CT and unfortunately they won't replace or refund since I just missed my 6 month window. At least I tried. Thanks again for the assistance.

                          Comment


                            Have an interview with a fairly conservative company. Wearing a navy suit, white dress shirt, and burgundy tie. The only two pairs of dress shoes I own are bourbon AE McGregors and burgundy Wyatt monk straps from BR. Am OK with one of them or should I go out and buy something else?

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by eagles View Post
                              Have an interview with a fairly conservative company. Wearing a navy suit, white dress shirt, and burgundy tie. The only two pairs of dress shoes I own are bourbon AE McGregors and burgundy Wyatt monk straps from BR. Am OK with one of them or should I go out and buy something else?
                              What industry is the company?

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by josiahv View Post
                                What industry is the company?
                                Specialty insurance

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X