Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a quick question, get an answer

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Zenni Optical...I got a pair from them six years ago and IIRC it ended up being less than $60. Website is a little clunky, but if you have the measurements for a favorite existing pair of glasses that should make it easier to search.

    I've been rocking a pair of Warby Parkers that don't look too shabby. I've also heard good things about Coastal and www.eyebuydirect.com
    Last edited by MaitreTea; December 29, 2016, 02:24 PM. Reason: grammar

    Comment


      As MaitreTea mentioned, Warby Parker is a good option. Lots of choices at $95 a pair, including the lenses. You can also try them on in home for free, which is helpful when ordering online.

      Comment


        Back when I wore glasses I used to go to BJs or Costco for glasses. Fair prices and you can try on, get adjusted etc in house. Although I never considered 100+ for something essential to my day to day life as expensive.

        Comment


          Definitely Costco for in-person cheap frames. The way eyeglasses will look is so specific to your face shape that it's an area I would not venture to buy online, unless you use a service like Warby Parker where you can try them on before you buy.
          Ben

          Comment


            Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
            Back when I wore glasses I used to go to BJs or Costco for glasses. Fair prices and you can try on, get adjusted etc in house. Although I never considered 100+ for something essential to my day to day life as expensive.
            My long trek from the bathroom to bedside table then back again in the morning is not something I count as essential. I should really just get Lasik.

            Comment


              Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
              My long trek from the bathroom to bedside table then back again in the morning is not something I count as essential. I should really just get Lasik.
              Do you go anywhere else throughout the day? Do you put contacts in? I couldn't even see my alarm clock, so I'd consider even a trek to the bathroom as necessary for glasses ... or at least so I didn't make a mess lol

              Comment


                Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
                Do you go anywhere else throughout the day? Do you put contacts in? I couldn't even see my alarm clock, so I'd consider even a trek to the bathroom as necessary for glasses ... or at least so I didn't make a mess lol
                I wear contacts for most of my waking eyesight. Alarm clock is my phone which is easy enough to see. As for bathroom routines....standing splatters and I clean our house so I choose to sit.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by MaitreTea View Post
                  Zenni Optical...I got a pair from them six years ago and IIRC it ended up being less than $60. Website is a little clunky, but if you have the measurements for a favorite existing pair of glasses that should make it easier to search.

                  I've rocking a pair of Warby Parkers that don't look too shabby. I've also heard good things about Coastal and www.eyebuydirect.com
                  +1. Good product for very little money.

                  Comment


                    +1 for sitting down to take a leak at home.

                    When my parents got divorced and my dad had to start cleaning his own bathroom he saw the light and began insisting that my brother and I (and he) sit down. I'm keeping up the tradition still, both at home and in other people's homes. I've come to find it much more relaxing, and as a bonus it provides a nice opportuinity to properly re-tuck in my shirt if necessary. Plus, I clean my own bathroom too, so there's that.

                    Comment


                      Wow, I thought I was the only one that did this. I also enjoy the nice brief sit and the opportunity to let zone out instead of focusing on aim.

                      Comment


                        Is it alright to wear a belt with a logo on it with a suit?

                        Example:

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Yankees11 View Post
                          Is it alright to wear a belt with a logo on it with a suit?

                          Example:
                          no. and especially not that belt.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Alpha King View Post
                            no. and especially not that belt.
                            Ok, thanks. I like the belt but I don't want to look like I'm going to a hip hop concert.

                            Comment


                              I don't think any man should ever wear a belt with a logo...ever. Especially that one. Even if that had a plain buckle...still no.

                              Comment


                                The cuffs on this Charles Tyrwhitt shirt have what appears to be bubbling. Is this something a simple iron job can remove, or does this point to an issue that the shirt is developing? Thanks!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X