Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would definitely look weird if you're not wearing a coat/jacket over the trousers. Assuming you wear a coat/jacket, then the belt loops will probably not be seen.

You should, of course, be wearing a jacket with suspenders anyway because suspenders are traditionally regarded as a form of underwear and should not be seen.
    Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
      It would definitely look weird if you're not wearing a coat/jacket over the trousers. Assuming you wear a coat/jacket, then the belt loops will probably not be seen.

You should, of course, be wearing a jacket with suspenders anyway because suspenders are traditionally regarded as a form of underwear and should not be seen.
      I mean I would wear a jacket but probably take it off. Interesting as I thought suspenders were meant to be shown off a bit.

Comment

With a shirt, v-neck, and no tie: one or two buttons undone? With just one button, it is visible above the shirt, and with two buttons, the v of the shirt is lower than the neck of the sweater.
        Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
          Recently purchased some button in suspenders. Do you all have specific pants without belt loops for suspenders or is it ok to have them just added to pants with belt loops. To me the look would be weird without but buying specific pants without belt loops for the maybe 1-2x a season I wear suspenders doesn't seem logical. Thoughts? Suggestions?
          Personally I only wear suspenders with pants that have side tabs. I know it's impractical for many people, but don't like the look of suspenders with belt loops. Indeed, it's tricky to find trousers without belt loops any more. All of mine are from Suitsupply or custom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Terminado View Post
            With a shirt, v-neck, and no tie: one or two buttons undone? With just one button, it is visible above the shirt, and with two buttons, the v of the shirt is lower than the neck of the sweater.
            I go with one button. It looks better if the V of the sweater is framed by the shirt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Which is better? Like this:

Or like this?
              Duncan

Comment

1>2.
                Ben

Comment

[MENTION=14298]theplayerking[/MENTION] [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION]
                  Thank you guys! I think I have enough expert opinions now that I know what I should do.
                  Duncan

Comment

When using leather care products on shoes with brogues, do you usually worry about buildup inside the holes? Do you spend a lot of time working it out of these areas?

Comment

I don't really worry about it too much. If there is a spot that really bothers you maybe try getting it with a Q-tip?

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                        1>2.
                        agree

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin Polyester III View Post
                          When using leather care products on shoes with brogues, do you usually worry about buildup inside the holes? Do you spend a lot of time working it out of these areas?
                          Don't use so much product that the holes get filled with polish. It should be applied in very thin layers.

Comment

number two with the extra button undone is much better.

If you are going for white collar, accountant look, top one is best. Its a OCBD plus V-neck sweater which is already on the boring side of clothes. If I wear something like that would definitely be number two with the extra button undone.

Essentially any time I wear a shirt with buttons im going to unbutton them down to the top of my chest. Masculinity is a dying trait, but it wont die with me at least.

Comment

Originally posted by edmunder View Post
                              Essentially any time I wear a shirt with buttons im going to unbutton them down to the top of my chest. Masculinity is a dying trait, but it wont die with me at least.
                              Ell oh ell. TIL that more man tits = more masculine. Who knew.
                              Ben

Comment

Also, it's only boring if you make it boring, I say.
                                Duncan

Comment

Working...
                                X