Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION]. I only have Brooks Brothers OCBDs in White, Light Blue and Light Blue/White University stripe so not sure if these would fall under the brushed version you mentioned. I guess could always just grab a few knit ties to pair with the shirts if grenadine probably isn't the best option. Appreciate your response.

Comment

• Originally posted by DapperedHoo View Post
      Thanks [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION]. I only have Brooks Brothers OCBDs in White, Light Blue and Light Blue/White University stripe so not sure if these would fall under the brushed version you mentioned. I guess could always just grab a few knit ties to pair with the shirts if grenadine probably isn't the best option. Appreciate your response.
      I have some button down BB shirts that are not a brushed texture that would work with a grenadine tie. Think of brushed as nappy like flannel.
      [MENTION=12001]evanparker[/MENTION] will probably be able to provide the best response to this question.

Comment

• While grenadine ties do range up dressy, I don't find them to be so dressy that they only work with real dress shirts. I've seen some people pull them off on the interwebs with chambray shirts rather nicely. That being said, I really don't do casual ties, so I may be biased on this one.

Comment

• Thanks [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION]

Comment

• I think that if a OCBD is formal enough for a tie, it should be formal enough for a grenadine.

Comment

• Fina vs. grossa grenadine may play a role too - this is more personal preference rather than The Rules, but I nearly always default to a grossa weave with an OCBD.
              “There are moments, Jeeves, when one asks oneself, 'Do trousers matter?'"
              "The mood will pass, sir.”

Comment

• Which is more versatile? a chelsea suede or a chukka suede boots?
                also, any feedbacks with the thursday boot co? do they sell good quality boots?
                thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by sugarfree View Post
                  Which is more versatile? a chelsea suede or a chukka suede boots?
                  thanks!
                  I think they are equally versatile, although maybe I'd give the edge to a chukka, since I'm willing to wear a chukka in the summer, while I don't think I'd wear chelsea boots outside of the cooler months.

Comment

• I say chukkas. Chukkas are just a subcategory of plain toe blücher. Chelseas are unusual, because they have no lacing, so they don't fit into the normal classification of shoes. They have a sleekness that might come of as formal, but the elastic makes then causal.

Chukkas definitely appeal to more tastes.

Comment

any feedbacks with the thursday boot co? do they sell good quality boots?
                      thanks!
                      A quick Googling says they're probably not worth the price; if you want to drop a couple hundo on good shoes, steer toward Jack Erwin (firsts quality, jackerwin.com) or Allen Emonds (seconds quality, shoebank.com).

Comment

Which is more versatile? a chelsea suede or a chukka suede boots?
                        thanks!
                        I bought the Thursday Scout chukkas in suede but had to return them because my foot didn't work with the last. From what I have read about them, the footbed is synthetic and constructed like a sneaker, yielding instant comfort perhaps at the expense of longevity. I thought they were worth $150, but I have little experience with mid-tier footwear save for a pair of Strands. They certainly felt like better quality than the likes of Cole Haan or other designer shoes. I can't speak to Thursday's more expensive lines, but my impression is that you can get better bang/buck elsewhere.

Comment

• thanks for the input guys!
                          Last edited by sugarfree; December 8, 2016, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Do you load your pockets up, with your daily stuff like phones, when you go to the tailor?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Dun View Post
                              Do you load your pockets up, with your daily stuff like phones, when you go to the tailor?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
                              I bring the stuff but I never load up my pockets so my pants or jackets sit a certain when altering.

Comment

• Recently purchased some button in suspenders. Do you all have specific pants without belt loops for suspenders or is it ok to have them just added to pants with belt loops. To me the look would be weird without but buying specific pants without belt loops for the maybe 1-2x a season I wear suspenders doesn't seem logical. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                                X