Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have any idea what these boots are? Or if not, something similar?

http://pin.it/F4_oWK3

Comment

when you get a new pair of leather shoes, do you usually condition/polish them before ever wearing them for the first time or wear them for awhile first

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin Polyester III View Post
        when you get a new pair of leather shoes, do you usually condition/polish them before ever wearing them for the first time or wear them for awhile first
        I polish right away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I simply brush them to see how they turn out. Some shoes are polished when they first come to you (AE's likely are), so I'm not interested in putting polish on polish.

Comment

Originally posted by Spex View Post
            I simply brush them to see how they turn out. Some shoes are polished when they first come to you (AE's likely are), so I'm not interested in putting polish on polish.
            Thanks, makes sense.

Comment

Trying to think of a tie to pair with this sweater. What would you go with? Yellow? Navy blue? I had a maroon tie I thought would look good but my wife said no.

Comment

I already have a SS Navy Napoli (https://goo.gl/GSIlZq) can anyone who lives by a store comment if the Blue Plain (https://goo.gl/ZZfXDU) is different enough in color? I already have a Grey Faux Uni and Grey Plain to have a dark and light and was trying to do the same with navy.

Comment

Trying to think of a tie to pair with this sweater. What would you go with? Yellow? Navy blue? I had a maroon tie I thought would look good but my wife said no.
                  Tough color to work with. I would stick with a white shirt to help the tie decision out. Navy should work while yellow may give off a weird matching vibe if it is solid yellow. My initial reaction to tie color was a gray textured tie in possibly wool.

Comment

Agree with above advice on white shirt and dark textured tie (navy knit?). Keep it casual as this sweater is inherently so.

Comment

That color is difficult...maybe this isn't helpful, but I'd just skip the tie entirely and wear it with a white OCBD.
                      Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Question: Should sport jackets always come off inside?

Situation is I wore a sport jacket over a normal V-neck T-shirt to a casual jazz club last night. The outfit looked fantastic all together, but once the jacket comes off I'm just a guy in a T-shirt and would've been/felt underdressed. In hindsight the right answer was to not wear the T-shirt underneath in the first place, but given what I had on and that I was sitting at a high-top table for two right by the band, what should I have done?

Similar follow-up question... any thoughts on sport jackets over T-shirts? I do it quite often myself and personally really like the look and feel but maybe that's a faux pas?

Comment

I've never heard of a rule that sport coats have to come off inside.

Also not a fan of a tailored jacket over a t-shirt, however. That look had its nadir in the mid '00s.
                          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                            Tough color to work with. I would stick with a white shirt to help the tie decision out. Navy should work while yellow may give off a weird matching vibe if it is solid yellow. My initial reaction to tie color was a gray textured tie in possibly wool.
                            Originally posted by dangerpenguin View Post
                            Agree with above advice on white shirt and dark textured tie (navy knit?). Keep it casual as this sweater is inherently so.
                            Originally posted by Terminado View Post
                            That color is difficult...maybe this isn't helpful, but I'd just skip the tie entirely and wear it with a white OCBD.
                            thanks

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                              I've never heard of a rule that sport coats have to come off inside.

Also not a fan of a tailored jacket over a t-shirt, however. That look had its nadir in the mid '00s.
                              Uh oh...

What I see:

What others see:

Comment

[MENTION=12205]Logjammin[/MENTION] also never heard of that rule. I treat it situationally -- generally speaking, it's hot as balls in Dallas, so my jacket usually finds itself resting on my chair provided I have one. Dallas is also more casual than NYC, so the 'just-another-guy-in-a-t-shirt' look fits right in 9/10 times anyways. As far as faux pas go, I don't think you're in range of committing one if you're pairing well. Unconstructed jacket with soft shoulders and casual details > orphaned suit jacket a la LBD's comment.

Comment

Working...
                                X